November 12, 1980 |
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Sciamma's work is strikingly minimalist, partly the legacy of her mentor, Xavier Beauvois, who advised her while she was a student at the major French film school, La Fémis. While highly formalist and idiosyncratic (notably in her lack of dialogue and very stylized mise-en-scene), Sciamma's filmmaking, beginning with Water Lilies relates closely to the characteristics of first-time filmmaking in France, notably in its emphasis on coming-of-age films focused on adolescents or pre-adolescents. Sciamma is very interested, moreover, in the fluidity of gender and sexual identity among girls during this formative period.
- 2004 : Les Premières Communions, a short film by Jean-Baptiste de Laubier alias Para One
- 2006 : Cache ta joie, a short film by Jean-Baptiste de Laubier alias Para One
- 2007 : Water Lilies
- 2010 : Ivory Tower, a film by Adam Traynor
- 2011 : Tomboy
- 2014 : Bébé tigre (storyline consultant)
- Palmer, Tim (2011). Brutal Intimacy: Analyzing Contemporary French Cinema, Wesleyan University Press, Middleton CT. ISBN 0-8195-6827-9.
- "Cannes Directors' Fortnight 2014 lineup unveiled". Screendaily. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
|This article about a French film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|