Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
|Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur
|IATA: NCE – ICAO: LFMN|
|Owner/Operator||Aéroports de la Côte d'Azur (ACA)|
|Serves||Nice and the Côte d'Azur|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
|Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in France|
|Airport data from French AIP.
French AIP at EUROCONTROL
Statistics from official airport web site.
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (French: Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur) (IATA: NCE, ICAO: LFMN) is an international airport located 3.2 NM (5.9 km; 3.7 mi) southwest of Nice, in the Alpes-Maritimes départment of France. It is the third busiest airport in France and serves as a focus city for Air France and an operating base for easyJet.
The airport is positioned 7 km (4 mi) west of the city centre, and is the principal port of arrival for passengers to the Côte d'Azur. Due to its proximity to the Principality of Monaco, it also serves as the city-state's airport, with helicopter service linking the principality and airport. Some airlines market Monaco as a destination via Nice Airport.
The airport covers an area of over 3.70 km2 (1.43 sq mi), with 2.70 km2 (1.04 sq mi) used by its two parallel runways and the two passenger terminals and freight terminal. The airport's theoretical capacity is 13 million passengers and 52 movements (26 landings) per hour. The two airport terminals are linked by courtesy shuttle buses that also connect the car parks with the terminals. A business center is located at Terminal 1 containing eight rooms and a conference room with a capacity of 250 people.
- Terminal 1
- 52,000 m2 (560,000 sq ft) : (National, Schengen and non-Schengen)
- 25 gates
- Capacity: 4.5 million passengers
- Terminal 2
- 57,800 m2 (622,000 sq ft) (National, Schengen and non-Schengen)
- 29 gates
- Capacity: 8.5 million passengers
- Freight terminal
Capacity 30,000 metric tons/year
Airlines and destinations
operated by Exin
|Europe Airpost||Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
The airport is located on the western end of the Promenade des Anglais. Buses go between the airport and the Gare de Nice-Ville railway station. The train station Nice-Saint-Augustin is near the airport (15 minutes by foot).
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 12 Dec 2013. (
- "EAD Basic". Ead.eurocontrol.int. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Nice Côte d'Azur Airport: 2010 airport statistics" (in (French)). Societe.Nice.Aeroport.fr. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Route Map" in 1993, Trans World Airlines
- "Новые рейсы авиакомпании "Россия" из Москвы в Ниццу". Новости. «Rossiya airlines» OJSC. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Monarch New Routes 2014
- resumption of route to SNN
- "Rapport annuel des statistiques 2009" (PDF). Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur (in French). Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur (official site) (English)
- Aéroport de Nice - Côte d'Azur (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Current weather for LFMN at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for NCE at Aviation Safety Network