Céloron de Blainville
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Famous Céloron de Blainville family are :
- Jean-Baptiste Céloron de Blainville (born 1660 in Paris (France), still living in 1730), "seigneur" of Blainville, Quebec in New France. He married Hélène Picoté de Belestre, daughter of a military commander of Montreal.
- his son Pierre Joseph Céloron de Blainville (1693–1759), leader of the 1749 Ohio expedition.
- Paul Louis Maxime Celoron de Blainville (1831–1889), gouvernor of Mayotte in 1887-1888
The way of writing Céloron de Blainville is often wrong especially in modern documents :
- "Céloron" (or often Celoron in texts in English) is often miswritten "Celeron" ou "Céleron", because of confusion with the Intel Celeron chipset of 2002.
- "Blainville" is often miswritten "Bienville", because of confusion with the name of the New France hero Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville.
- So the writing "Celeron de Bienville" is common on the Internet but wrong.
From the family Céloron de Blainville, came :
- Celoron, New York, a village in New York state, USA.
- Boulevard Céloron, in Blainville, Quebec, Canada.
- Blainville, Quebec, a city in Quebec.
- Blainville (electoral district) in Quebec.