Navas during a game with Rubin Kazan
|Full name||César González Navas|
|Date of birth||14 February 1980|
|Place of birth||Móstoles, Spain|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|1999–2003||Real Madrid B||108||(2)|
|2007||→ Gimnàstic (loan)||19||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
In his country he played professionally for Málaga B, Málaga, Gimnàstic and Racing de Santander, amassing La Liga totals of 106 games and six goals over the course of five seasons. In 2009 he signed for Rubin Kazan, where he remained until his retirement.
Born in Móstoles, Community of Madrid, Navas was brought through the ranks of hometown's Real Madrid, but only played with its B-team. He made his La Liga debuts in the 2004–05 season, going on to spend two years in the competition with Málaga CF: his first match was on 12 December 2004, as he featured the full 90 minutes in a 1–0 home win against Levante UD.
In January 2007, Navas left Málaga and the second division and played for six months on loan with top flight strugglers (eventually relegated) Gimnàstic de Tarragona. After his return to Andalusia he had a trial with English club Ipswich Town, but an eventual deal fell through due to a metatarsal injury; he subsequently joined Racing de Santander also in the top level, signing for two years.
- Rubin Kazan
- Amoroso devuelve el gol y la victoria al Málaga (Amoroso returns Málaga to scoring and winning ways); El País, 13 December 2004 (Spanish)
- Ipswich await Navas injury news; BBC Sport, 25 July 2007
- El Racing se refuerza con César Navas (Racing bolsters with César Navas); El Periódico de Aragón, 31 August 2007 (Spanish)
- César Navas se va al Rubin Kazan (César Navas goes to Rubin Kazan); Marca, 25 February 2009 (Spanish)
- Cesar Navas signs for Rubin Kazan; IM Scouting, 26 February 2009