|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (July 2010)|
The first novel in his mystery series featuring detective Charlie McKelvey is the critically acclaimed The Weight of Stones, shortlisted for the Arthur Ellis Award for best first novel. The second in the series, Slow Recoil, was released in fall 2010 by Dundurn Press.
His short fiction, The Lost Father, won an award in the Canadian Authors’ Association Short Story Contest in 2004. In 2001, his novella titled Coming To was adapted to the stage and showcased at the Factory Theatre during Toronto’s Summerworks festival.
His poetry has appeared in various publications, such as Contemporary Verse 2, Bloodlotus Journal, Bywords Quarterly Journal and Ascent Aspirations, and has earned praise from writers such as George Elliot Clarke and Stephen Reid. "
He lives in Ottawa with his wife and daughter.
List of publications
- Chasing Pace, 2005 (out of print)
- The Weight of Stones, RendezVous Crime (Napoleon & Company) 2009 ISBN 978-1-894917-78-0
- Coming To
- White Out in Contemporary Verse 2
- Bloodlotus Journal
- Bywords Quarterly Journal
- Post it Note for a Daughter in Ascent Aspirations
-  Ascent Aspirations with C.B. Forrest
-  The Globe and Mail Review Book Section. review of C.B.Forrest
-  CBC Radio, All in A Day Book recommendation for The Weight of Stones
-  Contemporary Verse 2, WhiteOut by C.B. Forrest
-  Ascent Aspirations Post It Note for a Daughter by C.B. Forrest
-  Collections Canada, Library and Archives Canada book listings for C.B. Forrest
-  Crime Writers of Canada profile on C.B. Forrest
-  C.B. Forrest news article from Your Ottawa Region announcing 2010 shortlist for the national mystery award, The Arthur Ellis.
-  Official C.B. Forrest Website
-  C.B. Forrest bio on publisher Napoleon and Company website
-  Mystery Author Bibliographies bio of C.B. Forrest