C.L.G. Na Cealla Beaga
|Na Cealla Beaga|
|Club colours:||Red and White|
|Grounds:||Eamonn Byrne Memorial Park|
|Senior Club Championships|
Founded in 1924, the club has had teams break up several time in its history. Na Cealla Beaga play Gaelic football and, in the past, played hurling. Na Cealla Beaga have won the won Donegal Senior Football Championship 6 times, the last coming in 1996. They also reached the final of the 1991 Ulster Senior Club Football Championship.
In 2002, the team was thrown out of the Championship at the semi-final stage after breaking the rules.
- Manus Boyle (1992 All-Ireland winner)
- Barry Cunningham (1992 All-Ireland winner)
- Barry McGowan (1992 All-Ireland winner)
- Séamus Coleman (now a professional soccer player)
- Matthew Smyth
- "killybegsgaa". Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Club history". Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Roll of honour". Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Foley, Cliona (19 September 2002). "Furious Killybegs thrown out of championship". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 19 September 2002.
- Boyle, Donnchadh (2 October 2010). "Boyle looks to defy logic and inspire injury-hit Killybegs to shock title success". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 2 October 2010.
The 44-year-old started training for a marathon, but the hard road was unforgiving and reignited a few old injuries. The sod of the club's field was more forgiving [...] Incredibly, he has featured off the bench in recent matches and he's likely to do the same tomorrow.
- "Donegal SFC final: Murphy delivers man-of-the-match display". Hogan Stand. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
|This Ulster GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|