Cover of volume 6, also featuring characters from Q.E.D.
(C.M.B. Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokuroku)
|Written by||Motohiro Katou|
|Magazine||Monthly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||2005 October – ongoing|
C.M.B. (C.M.B. ~Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokuroku~ C.M.B. 森羅博物館の事件目録?, literally C.M.B. Shinra Museum's Case Catalog) is a detective fiction manga by Motohiro Katou. The manga started serialization in Monthly Shōnen Magazine in 2005 and was later collected into tankōbon volumes published by Kodansha. As of November 2012, 20 volumes have been released.
It is a companion work of the Q.E.D. manga. The story revolves around the detective Shinra as he solves mystery cases related to murder, fraud, etc. along with his classmate Tatsuki. It sometime features characters from Q.E.D. as a crossover special.
- Shinra Sakaki (榊 森羅 Sakaki Shinra?)
- A boy with a mysterious past, owner of the "Shinra Museum" and present heir to the three "C", "M" and "B" rings first given out by the British Queen in the 19th century to three wise men chosen to be the protectors of the knowledge of the British Museum. Although he has never been to school, he is very knowledgeable. He is multi-lingual and possesses at least a university-level knowledge of Math, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, History and Biology, but is deficient in social skills. He is the cousin, on his mother's side, of the protagonist of the manga Q.E.D., Sou Touma.
- Tatsuki Nanase (七瀬 立樹 Nanase Tatsuki?)
- Tatsuki is a spirited, tomboyish girl who excels in virtually every sport she attempts. She practices Aikido and often acts as a bodyguard or an aid for Shinra. She is a daughter of a gullible young lady and her lover, who was almost eloped but suddenly told the bride's father, he accepted their marriage. But in exchange, their first child must go to prestigious school he owns.
- Penguin Kick Author's homepage