C.P.U. Bach is an interactive music-generating program designed by Sid Meier and Jeff Briggs for the 3DO. It can create Baroque music in the style of Bach for various keyboard, wind, or string instruments and in a variety of forms (e.g., concerti, fugues, minuets, chorales). The compositions are then performed by the software with synchronous 3D graphics on screen showing the virtual instruments being played.
- DeMaria, Rusel (2 edition (December 18, 2003)). High Score!: The Illustrated History of Electronic Games. McGraw-Hill Osborne Media. p. 190. ISBN 0-07-223172-6.
- Google Patents: System for real-time music composition and synthesis
- Article on C.P.U. Bach at GameSpot
- Review of C.P.U. Bach by University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis lecturer Michel Buffa
- YouTube: C.P.U. Bach gameplay video
|This music software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|