C. H. Narayana Rao
|C. H. Narayana Rao|
|Died||14 February 1984|
He has been working in Indian Railways in 1939. He was found by Dronamraju Kameswara Rao and introduced him in Jeevana Jyoti in 1940 as hero. He has acted in about 50 films as hero, supporting actor and villain. His films include Mana Desam, Mugguru Marathilu, Lakshmamma, Veelunama, Rahasyam etc. The entry of Narayana Rao made Chittor V. Nagaiah shift to more character roles. He prevailed as the prime hero even after Akkineni Nageswara Rao and N. T. Rama Rao entered into Telugu film Industry. He has acted opposite C. Krishna Veni in Jeevana Jyothi, Kamala Kotnis in Chenchu Lakshmi, Bezawada Rajaratnam in Mugguru Maratilu, S. Varalakshmi in Jeevitham.
He has acted in Miss Prema B.A. written by Malladi Krishna Sharma directed by Thimmaraju Siva Rao and gave many performances.
He has produced Manjari in 1953 directed by Y. V. Rao. He has lost heavily and had to face lot of problems subsequently.
- Jeevana Jyothi (1940)
- Devatha (1941) .... Sukumar
- Bhakta Potana (1942) .... Lord Rama
- Chenchu Lakshmi (1943) .... Vishnu
- Tahsildar (1944) .... Narasayya
- Swargaseema (1945)
- Mugguru Maratilu (1946)
- Jeevitham (1949) .... Murthi
- Mana Desam (1949)
- Tirugubatu (1950)
- Aada Janma (1951)
- Manavati (1952)
- Manjari (1953)
- Menarikam (1954)
- Ganga Gauri Samvadam (1958)
- Veelunama (1965)
- Rahasyam (1967)
- Narayana Rao CH, Luminaries of 20th Century, Part I, Potti Sriramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, 2005, pp: 318-9.
- TollyWood World - Classics
- Telugu Cinema Etc - Idlebrain.com
- CineGoer.com - Articles - History Of Birth And Growth Of Telugu Cinema
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|