C. S. F. Crofton
Crofton specialised in the philately of India and Ceylon. He had a special interest in the telegraph and revenue stamps of the area. He was a member of the Philatelic Society of India and for a time edited the Philatelic Journal of India. He was also a member of The Fiscal Philatelic Society.
He wrote most of part II (telegraph stamps) of The Postage and Telegraph Stamps of British India. His Fiscal and Telegraph Stamps of Ceylon was published posthumously from his notes after editing by B. Gordon-Jones.
Crofton died from cholera in Ahmednagar, Deccan where he was the resident magistrate and collector.
- The Adhesive Fiscal and Telegraph Stamps of British India. Calcutta: Thacker, Spink & Co., 1905. (With Wilmot Corfield)
- The Postage and Telegraph Stamps of British India. London: Stanley Gibbons for the Philatelic Society of India, 1907. (With L.L.R. Hausburg and C. Stewart-Wilson.)
- The Fiscal and Telegraph Stamps of Ceylon. Ed. B. Gordon Jones. London: Bridger & Kay for the Philatelic Society of India, 1911. (Posthumously)
- Charles Stanhope Foster Crofton thepeerage.com Retrieved 13 August 2011. Archived at WebCite here.
- Major Henry Crofton thepeerage.com Retrieved 13 August 2011. Archived at WebCite here.
- "Death of Mr. C. S. Crofton." in The London Philatelist, Vol. XVIII, No. 209, May 1909, p. 126.
- Who Was Who in British Philately Association of British Philatelic Societies 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- "Crofton, Charles Stanhope Foster (CRFN892CS)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.