C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy)
Comet C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy) discovery frame
|Discovered by||Terry Lovejoy|
|Discovery date||15 March 2007|
|Orbital characteristics A|
(10 May 2007)
|Semi-major axis||1426 AU|
|Orbital period||~22972 a (epoch 2050)|
|Last perihelion||27 March 2007|
C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy) is a non-periodic comet discovered by Terry Lovejoy on 15 March 2007. Its perihelion was 27 March 2007, while its closest approach to Earth was 25 April 2007 in Hercules at a distance of 0.44 AU. Maximum apparent magnitude was approximately +8.
C/2007 E2 on 21 April 2007 from Mount Laguna, California
Sporting a vague tail to the 2 o'clock on 9 May 2007 from Mount Laguna. The star is Mu Draconis (mag 4.90)
- Horizons output. "Barycentric Osculating Orbital Elements for Comet C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy)". Retrieved 16 September 2013. Solution uses the Solar System barycenter and barycentric coordinates (select Ephemeris Type:Elements and Center:@0)
- Yoshida, Seiichi. "C/2007 E2 ( Lovejoy )". Aerith.net.
- Drummond, John. "Comet 2007 E2 (Lovejoy) - Photos and Observations". Possum Observatory. Retrieved 26 March 2007.
Media related to C/2007 E2 (Lovejoy) at Wikimedia Commons
- C/2007 E2 at the JPL Small-Body Database Browser
- C/2007 E2 at Cometography.com
- C/2007 E2 moving amongst the stars (video in WMV format)
|This comet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|