C215 (street artist)
C215 primarily uses stencils to produce his art. His first stencil work was put up in 2006, but he has been a graffiti artist for (as of 2011) over 20 years. His work consists mainly of close up portraits of people. C215's subjects are typically those such as beggars, homeless people, refugees, street kids and the elderly. The rationale behind this choice of subject is to draw attention to those that society has forgotten about. C215 is a prolific street artist and has practiced his art in cities all over the world. His stencils may be seen in Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Rome, Paris and Oslo.[not in citation given]
In addition to his street work, C215 also produces commercial artwork for galleries on wood and canvas. C215 has to date done a number of solo gallery shows to promote his work. C215's most recent show is entitled 'Community Service', currently running in Paris.[when?]
Guémy's daughter Nina is a popular subject of his stencil art. She has also become a stencil artist in her own right.
- C215,Pyramyd Editions, ISBN 978-2-35017-268-2
- C215, Critères Editions, 2010, ISBN 2-917829-17-6
- Community Service, Critères Editions, 2011, ISBN 978-2-917829-38-7
- Stencil History X, Editions C215, 2007, ISBN 2-9525682-2-7
- C215 Un maestro dello stencil, Castelvecchi Editore, 2013 (IT, EN), ISBN 9788876158858
- "French Banksy makes budding snapper a star". Metro. 14 December 2008. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- Sadler, Stephanie (25 January 2011). "Street artist interview: C215". Street Art London. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Interview with C215". Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "La Galerie Itinerrance". Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- C215 official Flickr account
- Images from C215's gallery show 'Community Service' in Paris
- C215's street pieces on Street Art London
- Interview with C215 on YouTube
- Interview with C215 on Urbanartcore.eu
- Images from C215's exhibiton 'Stencil Bastards' at the Starkart Gallery in Zurich
- 2009 Graffoto review of C215 solo show "Shoeshiners", Signal Gallery, London