This is about the television service proposed in 1980. For the operating radio service, see CBC Radio 2
CBC Television 2 and Télé-2 were proposed second television services to be operated by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)/Société Radio-Canada (SRC).
The CBC-SRC made a formal application to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) in August 1980 for a licence to create a network that would replay programming in English and French (Télé-2).
The CRTC denied the CBC's applications.
The corporation had proposed that CBC-2 would:
- be non-commercial
- be a basic, must-carry service
- be programming from CBC and provincial educational broadcasters
- feature regional programming broadcast to a national audience
- feature arts and culture, drama, news
Printed documents, reference information (not available electronically)
- A Better CBC Television Service. 1986.
- CBC documents. AW Johnson. CBC-2 and Télé-2.