CBM Bethel Hospital
|CBM Bethel Hospital VUYYURU|
|Motto||With love serve one another.|
|President||Dr. Sukant Singh (Chairperson of the COCH)|
|Director||Dr. I. Esther Anandakshi|
|Location||Vuyyuru 521 165, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh, India
CBM Bethel Hospital in Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh, India, was founded in 1906 by missionaries of the Canadian Baptist Mission. It is perhaps the oldest in the region. The Hospital is a participating member of the Council of Christian Hospitals, a regulatory body in India for the medical mission of the Canadian Baptist Mission.
What started as a Clinic in 1904 soon developed into a large hospital taking care of the ailing in coastal parts of Krishna district. A number of wards, case rooms and operating rooms were built. By 1955, the hospital became a General Hospital.
Evelyn Eaton started a Midwifery training course in 1941 and by 1956, it was changed to Auxiliary Nurse Midwives course. More than 500 nurses graduated out of this school.
Prior to 1955, the Bible Woman, Smt. Venkayamma, was active since the days of Dr. Sarah Cook. By 1957, Rev. T. Theophilus joined as the Hospital Chaplain leading the spiritual work. The Chapel was built in memory of Dr. Hulet in 1957.
- Dr. Gertrude Hulet (Born 1871 – Died 1933)
- Dr. Lucy Subrahmanyam
- Dr. Clara Pushpanadam
- Dr. Sarah Cook
- Dr. Dorothy E. Timpany Order of Canada (Born 1912 – Died 2008)
- Dr. C. L. Timpany
- Dr. Ilo Bennett
- Dr. K. K. Suseela (Born 1924 – Died 1979)
- Dr. K.Sanjeeva Rao
- Dr. I Esther Anandakshi
- Miss Lockhart
- Smt. Mantada Mariamma
- Miss Eaton
- Miss Zina Kidd
- Miss Joan Rutherford
- Miss Mary Cowan
- Miss Florence Pletsch (Born 1922 – Died 2008)
- Smt. Santoshamma
- Smt. Katakshamma
- Smt. Venkayamma
- Kum. Uma Maheshwari
- T. Theophilus, The History of the Bethel Hospital, Vuyyuru, Platinum Jubilee Souvenir, Vuyyuru, pp. 36–38.
- Sivasankaranarayana, M. V. Rajagopal (Eds.), Andhra Pradesh District Gazetteers, Directotorate of Printing and Stationery, Secretariat Press, Hyderabad, 1977. Page 205. Internet, accessed 5 October 2008. 
- T. Theophilus, op.cit.
- George W. Brown, Ramsay Cook (Eds.), Dictionary of Canadian Biography: 1901–1910, University of Toronto Press, 1994, ISBN 0-8020-3998-7, ISBN 978-0-8020-3998-9, p. 122. Internet, accessed 5 October 2008. 
- Carlotta Hacker, The Indomitable Lady Doctors, Formac Publishing Company, 2001, ISBN 0-88780-543-4, ISBN 978-0-88780-543-1, p. 121. Internet, accessed 5 October 2008. 
- Manorama Fritschi (Ed.), Council of Christian Hospitals, Pithapuram, 1977. Manorama Fritschi was the wife of Dr. Ernest Paul Fritschi who was the earlier Director of Schieffelin Institute of Health, Research and Leprosy Centre, Karigiri, India. Internet, accessed 26 October 2008. 
- The Christian Medical Association of India, Member Institutes in Andhra Pradesh. Internet, accessed 5 October 2008. 
- Christian Medical College, Vellore, Networking. Internet, accessed 5 October 2008. 
- T. Theophilus, op. cit.
- Renee James, A Light Has Gone Out, The Link & Visitor, Etobicoke, May/June 2008, pp. 3–5.
- Canadian Baptist Ministries, News Archive, 12 September 2008. Internet, accessed 5 October 2008. 
- From Memorial Card of Rev. T. Theophilus issued from Ramachandrapuram.
- Further reading
- Prabhakara Rao, S., Rev. (March 1971). The Medical Ministry of the Canadian Baptist Mission (Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars) 1890–1950. A thesis submitted to the History Department of the Ramapatnam Baptist Theological College in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Bachelor of Divinity of the Senate of Serampore College (University), Serampore.
- John Craig, J. R. Stillwell (Eds.). Telugu Trophies: The Jubilee story cf some of the principal Telugu converts in the Canadian Baptist Foreign Mission in India from 1874 to 1924.
- Martin Senftleben (1992). Influences of Hinduism on Christianity in Andhra Pradesh. Unpublished PhD thesis, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. I & II. II
- G.Beaulah Pearl Sunanda (1990). An Insight into the History of the Canadian Baptist Mission in Andhra Pradesh (1874–1924). Unpublished M.Phil. (History) Thesis, Madras Christian College, Madras.
- M. L. Orchard (2008). Canadian Baptists at work in India. ISBN 978-1-4086-7832-9.
- John Craig (1908). Forty years among the Telugus : a history of the mission of the Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, Canada, to the Telegus, South India 1867–1907.