||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2012)|
|Traded as||NYSE: CBG
S&P 500 Component
|Key people||Bob Sulentic, President and CEO
Gil Borok, CFO
|Products||Agency Brokerage, Occupier Brokerage, Asset Services, Capital Markets, Corporate Services, Development, Facilities Management, Healthcare, Investment Management, Project Management, Recovery and Restructuring, Research and Consulting, Investment Banking, Residential, Specialty Sectors, Valuation and Advisory|
|Revenue||US$ 6.5 billion (2012)|
|Operating income||US$ 585 million (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 315.6 million (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 7.8 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 1.7 billion (2012)|
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2012 revenue). The company has approximately 37,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate owners, investors and tenants/lessees through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; investment banking; and research and consulting.
The company changed its corporate name from CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. to CBRE Group, Inc. on October 3, 2011.
Following the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, Tucker, Lynch & Coldwell was established on August 27, 1906, and renamed Coldwell, Banker & Company in 1940. That firm became one of the largest commercial real estate services companies in the western United States. In 1989, employees and others acquired the company's commercial operations to form CB Commercial. The company subsequently acquired Westmark Realty Advisors—now CBRE Global Investors in 1995; L.J. Melody & Company—now CBRE Capital Markets in 1996; Koll Real Estate Services in 1997. Following CB Commercial’s 1998 acquisition of Richard Ellis International Limited—which traced its roots to London in 1773—the company changed its name to CB Richard Ellis, and today is known as CBRE.
In July 2003, CBRE and Insignia Financial Group were brought together. In June 2004, CBRE completed a successful initial public offering and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange. In 2005, CBRE was first recognized as a Fortune 1000 company, and in 2006 it was added to the S&P 500. In late 2006, CBRE merged with Trammell Crow Company in a transaction valued at $2.2 billion.
In February 2011, CBRE entered into a definitive agreement to acquire ING’s real estate investment management business in Europe and Asia and its listed securities business, creating an enterprise with more than $90 billion of assets under management.
CBRE services include Agency Brokerage, Occupier Brokerage, Asset Services, Capital Markets, Corporate Services, Development, Facilities Management, Healthcare, Investment Management, Project Management, Recovery and Restructuring, Research and Consulting, Residential, Specialty Sectors, Valuation and Advisory
In 2013, CBRE was named to Companies That Care’s Honor Roll for the sixth year in a row, in recognition of its "commitment to helping people achieve career goals as well as life goals."
In 2009, CBRE was ranked in the BusinessWeek list of 50 "best in class" companies across all industries—for the third year in a row. In 2010, CBRE was voted best property investment advisor by the Financial Times and was named the top real estate outsourcing company by Frost & Sullivan and The Black Book of Outsourcing. CBRE ranked number 30 in Newsweek’s list of the “greenest big companies” and was the highest-ranked real estate company.
CBRE is the only commercial real estate services company in the Fortune 500, ranking at 440 in 2011. In 2011, it was voted the most admired real estate services company in Fortune’s most admired companies survey. It became the highest-ever ranked real estate services company in the IAOP ranking of outsourcing companies across all industries. In December 2011, a survey of U.S. subscribers to The Wall Street Journal found that CBRE has the best brand reputation in the commercial real estate industry. In 2010, CBRE also won the Global Excellence in Outsourcing Award from Frost & Sullivan.
The company was Financial Times’ Best Property Investment Advisor; National Real Estate Investor’s Top brokerage and Property Management Firm in the World; The Lipsey Company’s #1 brand for 11 consecutive years; winner of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 2012 Energy Star Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award, the fifth straight year the company earned this distinction; one of InfoWeek’s top 500 innovative users of business technology, ranked #42; and the only real estate company among NetProspex’s top 100 users of social media.
In 2012, CBRE won the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) of Los Angeles' Large Cap Public Company Growth Award. The award recognizes Los Angeles-based companies with a market capitalization greater than $1 billion that have exhibited consistent, sustainable and profitable growth while demonstrating outstanding performance and leadership in their industries. In September 2012, CBRE was named the top global real estate advisor and consultancy firm in the world in the 2012 Euromoney Real Estate Awards; the fifth time in the last eight years CBRE won the award. In October 2012, the company was ranked as the greenest real estate services firm in Newsweek magazine's 2012 Green Rankings, marking the fourth consecutive year that CBRE achieved this distinction.
In March 2013, CBRE was recognized as a United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, marking the 6th consecutive year CBRE has been recognized as such.  Also in March 2013, CBRE was the highest-ranked commercial real estate services and investment company in Fortune’s annual Most Admired Companies list for the third consecutive year, and the number-one commercial real estate brand in Lipsey Company’s annual brand survey for the 12th consecutive year. In May 2013, CBRE was named to the Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S.-based companies for the sixth straight year, and remains the only commercial real estate services firm ever included on the list.
In September 2013, CBRE was named the top global real estate advisor in the world for the second consecutive year in the 2013 Euromoney Real Estate Awards.
- CBRE Group, Inc. (6 February 2013). "CBRE Group, Inc. Reports Adjusted Earnings per Share Growth Of 20% for the Fourth Quarter And 18% for the Full Year Of 2012". cbre.com. CBRE. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. Changes Name to CBRE Group, Inc." Company Press Release
- "CB RICHARD ELLIS GROUP, INC. COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF TRAMMELL CROW COMPANY" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group, Inc. Completes Acquisition of ING’s Real Estate Investment Management Operations in Asia" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Makes Companies That Care Honor Roll" Company Press Release
- "CB RICHARD ELLIS GROUP, INC. NAMED A BUSINESSWEEK 50 BEST PERFORMER FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW" Company Press Release
- "CB RICHARD ELLIS GROUP INC. EARNS FROST & SULLIVAN’S GLOBAL EXCELLENCE IN OUTSOURCING AWARD AS THE WORLD’S PREMIER COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SERVICES FIRM" Company Press Release
- "CB RICHARD ELLIS GROUP INC. RANKED HIGHEST COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SERVICES FIRM IN BLACK BOOK OF OUTSOURCING" Company Press Release
- "NEWSWEEK RANKS CB RICHARD ELLIS GROUP, INC. #30 AMONG TOP 500 GREENEST U.S. COMPANIES" Company Press Release
- "#440. CBRE Group, Inc."
- "World's Most Admired Companies, CBRE Group, Inc."
- "Survey of Wall Street Journal Subscribers Finds CBRE Has Real Estate Industry’s Best Brand Reputation" Company Press Release
- "NATIONAL REAL ESTATE INVESTOR RANKS CB RICHARD ELLIS GROUP, INC. NO. 1 BROKERAGE FIRM FOR EIGHTH YEAR IN A ROW" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group, Inc. Named Top Commercial Real Estate Brand for the 11th Straight Year" Company Press Release
- "EPA Recognizes CBRE Group, Inc. With 2012 ENERGY STAR® Sustained Excellence Award" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group, Inc. Wins 2012 Large Cap Public Company Growth Award from Association For Corporate Growth" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group, Inc. Named World’s Leading Real Estate Advisor In 2012 Euromoney Awards" Company Press Release
- "Newsweek Ranks CBRE Greenest Commercial Real Estate Services Firm for 2012" Company Press Release
- "EPA Recognizes CBRE with 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group Inc. Captures Top Honors in Fortune and Lipsey Surveys" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group, Inc. Named To The Fortune 500 For 6th Straight Year" Company Press Release
- "CBRE Group, Inc. Named Euromoney’s Leading Global Real Estate Advisor For The Second Consecutive Year" Company Press Release
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CBRE Group.|