Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies  (also known as CEATEC) is an annual trade show  in Japan. It is regarded as the Japanese equivalent of Consumer Electronics Show. It is Japan's largest IT and electronics exhibition and conference.
CEATEC provides a platform for companies and organizations from all over the world to showcase their cutting-edge products, services and technologies. The event also serves as key industry networking and information-gathering opportunity, with numerous seminars and other activities offered during the fair.
The show is held every year in October in Makuhari Messe since the first CEATEC in 2000. The most recent exhibition, the ninth iteration of CEATEC, was held between September 30 to October 4, 2008. CEATEC Japan 2008, attracted nearly 197,000 visitors, with some 804 exhibitors and 138 seminars. Attendance was down from the almost 206,000 people and 895 companies in 2007 as it apparently felt the crunch of the financial crisis of 2007–2010.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2014)|
- CeBIT (Hanover, Germany)
- CES (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA)
- COMDEX (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA)
- COMPUTEX (Taiper, Taiwan)
- "About CEATEC Japan". CEATEC Japan organizing committee. 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-25. "CEATEC JAPAN (Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies) is the largest international exhibition in Asia for the technology and electronics sectors, including the fields of imaging, information, and communications."
- Lewis, Peter (2005-08-06). "Domo arigato, Mr. Penguin-boton". CNNMoney. Retrieved 2007-11-25. "The annual trade show known as Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies (CEATEC) [...]"
- Lewis, Peter (2005-08-06). "Domo arigato, Mr. Penguin-boton". CNNMoney. Retrieved 2007-11-25. "The [...] (CEATEC) [...] is the Japanese equivalent of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES)[...]."
- Michelle Meyers (2005-08-06). "Week in review: On land and Ceatec". cnet News.com. Retrieved 2007-11-25. "Japan's answer to the Consumer Electronics Show in the United States, the weeklong Ceatec (Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies) show [...]"
- Junko Yoshida (2009-04-10). "Android set-tops, TVs, VoIP phones are coming". EETimes. Retrieved 2009-08-17. "This fall at CEATEC, Japan's largest electronics show, displays will include prototype Android set tops "conceptualized by Open Embedded Software Foundation (OESF)," according to the group's chairman Masataka Miura."
- "CEATEC JAPAN 2007 - Event Information". CEATEC Japan Organizing Committee. Retrieved 2007-11-25. "The annual trade show known as Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies (CEATEC) [...]"
- "CEATEC JAPAN 2008". Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- CEATEC (2008-10-04). "CEATEC JAPAN 2008 Concludes". CEATEC (Press release). Retrieved 2009-08-17. "A total of 804 companies and organizations exhibited in 3,121 booth spaces, including 289 exhibitors from 27 countries and regions around the world. The exhibition drew 196,630 registered visitors in the five days it was open."
- Erica Ogg (2008-09-29). "Ceatec: Gadget hounds, get ready". cnet. Retrieved 2009-08-17. "It's a huge show: just less than 206,000 people showed up to see the 895 companies show off their wares last year. The 2008 confab, which runs from Tuesday to Friday in Chiba, Japan, just outside Tokyo, promises to be even bigger."
- Erica Ogg (2008-10-02). "Ceatec companies feeling the credit crunch". cnet. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Michael Kanellos (2005-08-04). "Japan says no to Blu-ray, HD DVD recorders for U.S.". cnet News.com. Retrieved 2007-11-25. "[...] Sony and Panasonic announced Blu-ray players that can also record shows [...]"
- "DOCOMO to Showcase Latest Technologies at CEATEC JAPAN 2014". Japan Corporate News NetWork. Sep 18, 2014. Retrieved Sep 25, 2014. "[...]NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, today announced that its booth at CEATEC JAPAN 2014 will present experiential demonstrations, stage shows and touch-and-try sessions introducing a wide range of services and advanced technologies that will help people live smarter.[...]"
- @SEGA_OFFICIAL (Sep 21, 2014). "ありがとうございました！東京ゲームショウ2014閉幕です！赤シャーさんもCEATEC、10/7〜頑張ってください＼(^o^)／". Twitter. Retrieved Sep 25, 2014. "[...]CEATECも負けてられないな(^^)/頑張ってセガさん[...]"
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|