|Industry||Tyres & Tubes|
|Key people||H. V. Goenka Chairman,
Anant Goenka Managing Director
|Revenue||53,753.5 million (US$Bad rounding hereFormatting error: invalid input when rounding) (FY 2013–14)|
|Net income||2527.8 million (US$41 million) (FY 2013–14)|
CEAT, the flagship company of RPG Enterprises, was established in 1958. Its predecessor Cavi Elettrici e Affini Torino SpA was established in Italy in 1924. Today, CEAT is one of India’s leading tyre manufacturers and has strong presence in global markets, and has a capacity of over 700 tonnes per day. CEAT offers the widest range of tyres to all segments and manufactures world-class radials for: Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses, Light Commercial Vehicles, Earthmovers, Forklifts, Tractors, Trailers, Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters as well as Auto-rickshaws. CEAT enjoys a major market share in the light truck & truck tyre market and its tubes and flaps are renowned for their superior quality and durability.
- 6 Manufacturing plants
- 10 outsourcing units for tyres, tubes and flaps
- 3 dedicated 2-3-wheeler plants controlled by CEAT.
CEAT manufactures a wide range of tyres for various customer radials for Indian vehicles and caters to various user segments including
- Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Motorcycles and Scooters
It exports to over 110 countries across the world. In April 2007, the de-merger of its investment business to a separate investment and finance company was approved. CEAT is the only tyre company to be awarded the ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification. It is also the 1st Indian tyre company to get a TUV certificate.
CEAT Cricket Ratings
CEAT Cricket Ratings (CCR) was formed in 1995. It was the first International Cricket Rating System to reward and recognise the performances on annual basis. CEAT has also introduced the CCR Best Bowler, CCR Best Batsman, CCR Best Cricketer and CCR Best Cricket Team as well as CEAT Under 19 & T20 ratings.
Achievements and awards
- CEAT receives Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award for 2009.
- The 2007–08 Raid de Himalayas 2 wheeler Rally was won on CEAT Tyres.
- CEAT was the no 1 in exports amongst all tyre companies in India..... Source ATMA Report 2007-08.
- CEAT Shoppe wins Best Innovation Award 2007–08 (* Franchisee Association of India).
- From a 2 wheeler tyre to a Car Tyre to a Giant OTR Tyre, CEAT makes the entire Range of Tyres.
- CEAT won the Employer Branding Award for "Excellence in Training 2007–08" ( * Awards by the Asia Pacific HR congress).
- CEAT has adopted a village "Tirad Seth", near Nasik as part of its CSR activities.
- ICQCC Distinguish award for Quality Circle in 2002 at Lucknow India.
- NCQC Distinguish award for Quality circle in 2004 at Mumbai.
- NCQC Distinguish award for Quality circle in 2006 at Kanpur India.
- CCQC Mumbai Chapter Distinguish Award for Quality Circle in 2007.
- Best case study award from CII in 1998.
- RPG Best TQ\M Team Award for CFT in 1998 and 1999.
- Recognized with RPG BTT Six Sigma Team Award in 1998-99.
- Winner of RPG Quality award in 2003, 2004 & 2006.
- Certificate of merit in RPGOE in 2005.
- 100 percent vendors are ISO certified
- Rated amongst top four auto ancillaries.
- National Exports Award (CAPEXIL) – 13 times.
- Best Exports certificate of merit – 7 times in the last 20 years.