|Industry||Tyres & Tubes|
|Key people||R. P. Goenka, Chairman
H. V. Goenka Vice chairman,
Paras K. Chowdhary managing director
|Revenue||35166.9 million (US$540 million) (FY 2010–11)|
|Net income||222.8 million (US$3.4 million) (FY 2010–11)|
|Employees||~5,384 (as on 31 March 2006)|
CEAT Limited is a tyre manufacturing company based in Mumbai, India. CEAT is an abbreviation for Cavi Elettrici e Affini Torino (Electrical Cables and Allied Products of Turin). Founded in Italy as CEAT Tyres by Virginio Bruni Tedeschi, the company established its manufacturing in India in 1958 and was sold to Pirelli by Virginio's heir Alberto Tedeschi (Carla Bruni's grandfather) in the 1970s. The company's Indian division was then taken over by RPG Enterprises in the year 1982 which also got the rights to the CEAT brand and renamed the company as CEAT Limited.
CEAT has about 20% of the local truck and light truck tyre market.
- 6 Manufacturing plants – 3 in India and 3 in Sri Lanka
- 10 outsourcing units for tyres, tubes and flaps
- 3 dedicated 2-3-wheeler plants controlled by CEAT
CEAT manufactures a wide range of tyres for various customer radials for Indian vehicles and caters to various user segments including
- Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Motorcycles and Scooters
It exports to over 110 countries across the world. In April 2007, the de-merger of its investment business to a separate investment and finance company was approved. CEAT is the only tyre company to be awarded the ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification. It is also the 1st Indian tyre company to get a TUV certificate.
CEAT Cricket Ratings
CEAT Cricket Ratings (CCR) was formed in 1995. It was the first International Cricket Rating System to reward and recognise the performances on annual basis. CEAT has also introduced the CCR Best Bowler, CCR Best Batsman, CCR Best Cricketer and CCR Best Cricket Team as well as CEAT Under 19 & T20 ratings.
Achievements and awards
- CEAT receives Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award for 2009.
- The 2007–08 Raid de Himalayas 2 wheeler Rally was won on CEAT Tyres.
- CEAT was the no 1 in exports amongst all tyre companies in India..... Source ATMA Report 2007-08.
- CEAT Shoppe wins Best Innovation Award 2007–08 (* Franchisee Association of India).
- From a 2 wheeler tyre to a Car Tyre to a Giant OTR Tyre, CEAT makes the entire Range of Tyres.
- CEAT won the Employer Branding Award for "Excellence in Training 2007–08" ( * Awards by the Asia Pacific HR congress).
- CEAT has adopted a village "Tirad Seth", near Nasik as part of its CSR activities.
- ICQCC Distinguish award for Quality Circle in 2002 at Lucknow India.
- NCQC Distinguish award for Quality circle in 2004 at Mumbai.
- NCQC Distinguish award for Quality circle in 2006 at Kanpur India.
- CCQC Mumbai Chapter Distinguish Award for Quality Circle in 2007.
- Best case study award from CII in 2005.
- RPG Best TQ\M Team Award for CFT in 2005 and 2006.
- Recognized with RPG BTT Six Sigma Team Award in 2005–06.
- Winner of RPG Quality award in 2003, 2004 & 2006.
- Certificate of merit in RPGOE in 2005.
- 100 percent vendors are ISO certified
- Rated amongst top four auto ancillaries.
- National Exports Award (CAPEXIL) – 13 times.
- Best Exports certificate of merit – 7 times in the last 20 years.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "Carla Bruni – Cantautrice e moglie di Nicolas Sarkozy". Il Sole 24 Ore. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- CEAT Tyres – About us