CER model 10 was the vacuum tube, transistor and electronic relay based computer developed at IBK-Vinca and Mihajlo Pupin Institute (Serbia) in 1960.[Ref.lit. #1, #2, #4, #8] This was the first digital computer developed in the SFR Yugoslavia (also in the South Europe).
CER-10 was designed by prof.dr Tihomir Aleksić and his sci.associates (acad.dr Rajko Tomović, dr Vukašin Masnikosa, dr Ahmed Mandžić, dipl.ing. Dušan Hristović, dipl.ing. Petar Vrbavac and dr Milojko Marić) and was developed over four years. The team included: 10 engineers, 10 technicians and many others. After initial prototype testing at Vinca and redesign at the M. Pupin Institute, it was fully deployed at the Tanjug Agency building and worked there for the SKNE from 1961. and the Yugoslav government's SIV , from 1963. to 1967. [Ref.lit. #1, #3, #7]
The first CER-10 system was located at the SKNE-Federal secretary of internal affairs building in 1961, which later belonged to the Tanjug. The M. Pupin Institute gave the computer-case and some computer's parts and documentation of the CER-10, in March 2006, to the Museum of Science and Technology in Belgrade, where computer's CPU is now displayed.
- 1750 vacuum tubes;
- 1500 Germanium transistors;
- Magnetic core primary memory: 4096 of 30-bit words;
- Secondary memory: punched tape;
- Capable of performing min. 1600 additions per second [see Ref.lit. #1, #3, #6, #7].
CER-10 at the Tanjug building, Belgrade 1963
- CER Computers
- Mihajlo Pupin Institute
- History of computer hardware in the SFRY
- List of vacuum tube computers
- Rajko Tomović
- CIFARSKI EL.RAČUNAR CER-Vinča, by dr Rajko Tomović et al., from the Proc. Conf.ETAN-1960, pp. 305–330, Beograd Nov.18th 1960, in Serbian language
- Review and Analysis of the Computers CER, by Vladislav Paunović, Dušan Hristović, from the Proc.Conf.ETRAN-2000, vol.3, pp. 79–82, Sokobanja June 26, 2000, in Serbian language.
- Computer History: CER-10, by Dusan Hristovic, from IT Star Newsletter, vol.7, no.1, pp. 6–7, Spring 2009.
- IMP Riznica znanja, by Vladan Batanovic(Ed), IMP-PKS edition, Belgrade 2006, in Serbian language.
- Sa CER-10 je SFRJ postala svetska elita,by B.Vukovic,BLIC pp. 18–19, Belgrade June 12, 2011,in Serbian language
- Development of the Computing Technology in Serbia (Razvoj računarstva u Srbiji), by Dušan Hristović, PHLOGISTON journal, No 18/19, pp. 89–105, Museum MNT-SANU, Belgrade 2010/2011, In Serbian language.
- Building Computers in Serbia,by Jelica Protic et al., ComSIS, vol.8, No 3, pp. 549–571, Belgrade June 2011.
- HRONIKA DIGITALNIH DECENIJA (50 Years of Computing in Serbia),by D.B.Vujaklija, N.Markovic Ed, PC-press edition, Belgrade, 2011. In Serbian.