|Broadcast area||Alliston, Ontario|
|Frequency||94.7 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||2009 (testing)
2010 (off the air)
|Callsign meaning||C F Alliston, Ontario|
In 2008, Rogers was licenced to operate a second radio station at Beeton with the callsign CJBT-FM. Not yet on the air, that station had until August 1, 2012 to launch, or face the cancellation of the license.
In 2009, CFAO-FM began on-air testing.  It is uncertain when the station officially launched.
As of June 25, 2010, CFAO-FM has been shut down due to economic troubles, which led to the station's eviction from its rented studios; also during these final days of operation, the station was unable to pay wages to its staffers.  
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-147
- Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2011-748, December 6, 2011.
- "New Alliston FM radio station begins testing period on air", madhunt.com, June 15, 2009
- "CFAO off the air", madhunt.com, July 12, 2010
- "North of Toronto, CFAO (94.7 Alliston) has run into some pretty big obstacles", Scott Fybush/Northeast Radio Watch, July 19, 2010
- History of radio stations in Central Ontario at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFAO-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|