Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia
|Key people||Ian Gibbs (CEO)|
|Parent||Chicago Freight Car Leasing Company (51%)
Marubeni Corporation (49%)
Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia (CFCLA) is a locomotive and rolling stock leasing company in Australia. Established in 1998, it owns 98 locomotives and 1,600 wagons.
CFCLA is a subsidiary of Chicago Freight Car Leasing Company. Although primarily based in New South Wales and Victoria its fleet has operated in all states and territories to most train operating companies. It has rolling stock on both long term lease to operators as well as available for spot hire.
In March 2009 the Marubeni Corporation purchased a 49% stake in CFCLA. In September 2010 it signed a 10 year lease for the use of Goulburn Railway Workshops as its primary maintenance centre.
The CFCLA diesel locomotive fleet is made up of a variety of different classes of units, ranging from modern high power units to older mainline locomotives, and smaller branch line and shunting units.
- 13 EL class (ex Australian National)
- 1 FL class (ex FreightCorp 422 class)
- 12 GL class (rebuilt ex FreightCorp 442 class)
- 1 HL class (ex FreightCorp 422 class)
- 1 KL class (ex FreightCorp 49 class)
- 1 44s class (ex FreightCorp via various operators)
- 2 442 class (ex FreightCorp via various operators)
- 2 B class (ex V/Line via various operators)
- 5 T class (ex V/Line via various operators)
- 2 S class (ex V/Line via various operators)
- 3 C class (ex V/Line via various operators)
- 2 G class (ex V/Line via various operators)
- 4 TL class (ex Kowloon-Canton Railway)
- 8 Robe River DE43 class (ex Rio Tinto)
- 12 VL class (new build)
- 12 CF class (new build)
- 16 CM class (new build)
Many of the newer and powerful locomotives are named after famous Australian race horses.
- Leon Oberg (2007). Locomotives of Australia: 1850s - 2007. Rosenberg Publishing. p. page9. ISBN 1-877058-54-8.
- "ELs Sold to US Bidder" Railway Digest December 1998 page 12
- Joint Venture CFCLA
- Bright Future for Goulburn Railway Workshops CFCLA 2 September 2010
- "Born in Chicago" Railway Digest November 2012 page 34
- Trainsets 2013-2014 Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia
- Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia Vicsig.net
- Who we are CFCLA
- Wagons CFCLA