Owned by Rick Sargent, the station was licenced on October 15, 2007.
On April 9, 2008, the station proposed to add an FM transmitter at Caledon to broadcast the programming of CJFB-FM Bolton in order to serve the population of Caledon. The licensee is seeking to convert CFGM-FM 102.7 (Caledon) to a transmitter of CJFB-FM. That application was denied on July 31, 2008.
On January 29, 2009, Rick Sargent applied for a broadcasting licence to operate an English-language FM commercial radio programming undertaking in Caledon on the frequency 102.7 MHz. The station received CRTC approval on June 17, 2009. In August 2009, the station's branding was known as The View with an adult contemporary/variety hits format.
On March 14, 2012, the CRTC approved the application by Haliburton Broadcasting Group Inc. for authority to acquire from Rick Sargent the assets of the english-language commercial radio stations CJFB-FM Bolton and CFGM-FM Caledon, Ontario, and for broadcasting licences to continue the operation of the stations.
On April 23, 2012 Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-371
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-152
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2009-36
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-357
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-148 CJFB-FM Bolton and CFGM-FM Caledon – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, March 14, 2012
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Radio Caledon
- CFGM-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFGM-FM