|Channels||Digital: 13 (VHF)
Virtual: 4.1 (PSIP)
|First air date||September 7, 1986|
|Call letters' meaning||CF Radio Saguenay|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
4 (VHF; 1986-2011)
|Transmitter power||4.344 kW|
CFRS-DT is the V owned-and-operated television station in Saguenay, Quebec, Canada. It broadcasts a high-definition digital signal on VHF channel 13 (or virtual channel 4.1 via PSIP) from a transmitter atop Mount Valin.
Owned by Remstar Corporation, it operates as a de facto satellite of Montreal sister station CFJP-DT and its studios are located on Rue Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier and Rue Saint Léon in Jonquière. This station can also be seen on Vidéotron channel 5 and in high definition on digital channel 605.
The station was launched in 1986 by local broadcaster Radio Saguenay. It was acquired by Cogeco in 1998, and became an O&O of the network in 2001 when Cogeco became the network's primary owner. As an owned and operated station of the network, CFRS was part of V's takeover by Remstar Corporation. Since the rebranding of the TQS network on August 31, 2009, CFRS dropped all non-network programming and became a de facto repeater of Montreal owned-and-operated station CFJP-TV.
Former local programming
- Le Grand Journal Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean (1989–Fall 2009) - Local news show, aired weekdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Les Infos (Fall 2008–Fall 2009) - Two-minute local news capsules, aired weekdays at 6:45 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 7:45 a.m., 8:30 a.m., and 11:56 a.m.
- Le Reflet du Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean (Fall 2008–Fall 2009) - Weekly news summary with feature reports, airs Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Television transmitters in Saguenay are required to go digital or be taken off the air by the transition deadline of August 31, 2011. It is unclear whether or when a digital transmitter for this station will be installed to provide coverage to Saguenay.
In filings from V to the CRTC with respect to Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-169, V stated that it was debating whether to install digital a transmitter in Saguenay due to financial reasons, and if it did install one, it might by the deadline or well after the deadline. V later filed regarding the same proceeding that it was in talks with Télé-Québec to partner up in order to reduce the cost of installing transmitters.
- V (French)
- Canadian Communications Foundation - CFRS-TV History
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFRS-TV
- Query TV Fool's coverage map for CFRS