|City of license||Sturgeon Falls, Ontario|
|Slogan||Today's Best Music|
|Frequency||99.3 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||2003|
|Callsign meaning||Coming From Sturgeon Falls|
|Owner||Vista Broadcast Group|
The station, owned by Vista Broadcast Group, uses the on-air brand name Moose FM.
On February 14, 2003 Joco Communications was given approval by the CRTC for a new FM radio service to serve the community of Sturgeon Falls. Under Joco Communications ownership, the station was branded as Joco Radio. In 2005 the station was given approval to increase power to serve all of the Municipality of West Nipissing and outlying communities.
In September 2010 Joco Communications announced a tentative deal to sell the station to Haliburton Broadcasting Group, which received CRTC approval on February 21, 2011. Joco had already sold CFSF's former sister station CJJM-FM in Espanola to Haliburton earlier in the year.
In March 2011 the station was rebranded to Moose FM and adopted adult contemporary format.
On April 23, 2012 Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
On May 11, 2012 the station changed the format and the slogan from West Nipissing's Lite Favorite to Today's Hits and Yesterday's favorites.
In July 2014 the station was rebranded and changed its format from adult contemporary to variety hits format.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2003-52
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2005-239
- "Haliburton Broadcasting Group Inc. buys three Ontario radio stations". Canadian Press, September 17, 2010.
- CRTC Decision 2011-111.
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-935
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Moose FM
- CFSF History at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFSF-FM
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|