|Traded as||NYSE: CF
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Manufacturing and distribution|
|Headquarters||Deerfield, Illinois, USA|
|Area served||North America|
|Revenue||$2.7 billion (2007)|
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. is a North American manufacturer and distributor of agricultural fertilizers, based in Deerfield, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. It was founded in 1946 as the Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, and for its first 56 years, it was a federation of regional agricultural supply cooperatives. CF then demutualized, and made an initial public offering of shares of equity stock in 2005.
In October, 2013, Mosaic Co. agreed to buy CF Industries for $1.4 billion in cash.
- "Corporate Profile – CF Industries' History". CF Industries. Retrieved 2008-09-12.[dead link]
- "CF Industries Climbs On Addition To S&P 500". RTTNews via TradingMarkets.com. 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Mosaic Co. to spend about $1.4 billion on purchase of CF Industries phosphate business Associated Press (Minneapolis Star Tribune) October 28, 2013
- Company website
- Corporate profile – CF Industries’ history
- "CF Industries restarting fertilizer plant closed by Gustav". Chicago Tribune. 2009-09-09.
- Toby Shute (July 29, 2008). "A Cash Flood for CF Industries". Motley Fool.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|