|City of license||Timmins, Ontario|
|Slogan||Canada's Good News Network|
|Frequency||102.3 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||April 7, 1996 - November 30, 2012|
|Callsign meaning||"C (See) HIM"|
|Owner||Roger de Brabant
(1158556 Ontario Ltd.)
The station began testing its signal at 102.3 MHz on December 24, 1995, and officially signed on April 7, 1996. The station has expanded through a network of rebroadcast transmitters in Northern Ontario. CHIM-FM also has a rebroadcaster in Red Deer, Alberta, CHIM-FM-5, which originates some of its own programming.
The station's best-known program was the MAD Christian Radio Show, a Christian rock show hosted by Kristen McNulty, which originally started as a show on CHIM. Today it is syndicated to Christian radio stations across Canada and internationally.
|City of license||Identifier||Frequency||Power||Class||RECNet|
|Elliot Lake||CHIM-FM-7||92.5||1 watt||LP||Query|
|Iroquois Falls||CHIM-FM-2||102.7||2 watts||LP||Query|
|Kirkland Lake||CHIM-FM-3||99.1||2 watts||LP||Query|
|North Bay||CHIM-FM-1||92.5||50 watts||LP||Query|
|Sault Ste. Marie||CHIM-FM-6||97.3||50 watts||LP||Query|
|Temiskaming Shores||CHIM-FM-4||103.5||1 watt||LP||Query|
In 2000, CHIM's application to add a transmitter in Toronto, Ontario at 106.3 MHz was denied. In 2001, CHIM's application to add a transmitter in Vancouver, British Columbia at 92.9 MHz was denied. CHIM's application to add a transmitter at 102.3 MHz in Cochrane, Ontario was denied as well in 2008. An unrelated radio station, CFCJ-FM 102.1 owned by Cochrane Christian Radio to operate a new English language Christian radio station at Cochrane on 102.1 MHz received CRTC approval on April 18, 2011.
The station's licence renewal application was denied by the CRTC on October 23, 2012 due to regulatory violations. As a result, CHIM-FM was ordered to cease broadcasting by the end of the broadcast day on November 30, 2012. Despite the FM stations' going off air, CHIM remains active via an online stream on their website, while the station's owners have been trying to bring the station back to FM radio, as bolstered by a late 2012 letter writing campaign. The last song to play on CHIM as an FM station was "Emotional" by Christian Quast, a second of which continues to constantly loop on CHIM's former frequencies.
CHIM's owner, Roger de Brabant, also operates a number of low-powered tourist information radio stations branded as Info Radio. These stations also use the "Canada's Good News Network", or "Part of the Good News Network" slogan on air sometimes, but do not share the CHIM network's Christian programming. These stations were unaffected by the CRTC decision, and remain on air.
|City of license||Identifier||Frequency||Power||Class||RECNet||CRTC Decision|
|Smooth Rock Falls||CKSO-FM||101.9||2 watts||LP||Query|
- Decision CRTC 95-782 New Christian music FM radio station - Approved, CRTC, October 27, 1995
- Decision CRTC 2001-182 Addition of transmitters of CHIM-FM Timmins at Chapleau, Elliot Lake and Wawa, CRTC, March 20, 2001
- Decision CRTC 2001-641 Addition of a transmitter for CHIM-FM Timmins at Kapuskasing, CRTC, October 11, 2001
- Decision CRTC 2000-189 Addition of a transmitter of CHIM-FM at North Bay, CRTC, June 7, 2000
- Decision CRTC 2001-30 Licence amendment for CHIM-FM Timmins, CRTC, January 25, 2001
- Decision CRTC 2000-190 Addition of a transmitter of CHIM-FM at Red Deer, CRTC, June 7, 2000
- Decision CRTC 2000-204 #23 and 24 under "Frequency considerations"
- Decision CRTC 2000-206 Various applicants, CRTC, June 16, 2000
- Decision CRTC 2001-395 Denial of a request to add a low power transmitter of CHIM-FM Timmins at Vancouver, CRTC, July 9, 2001
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-15 CHIM-FM Timmins - New transmitter at Cochrane, CRTC, January 28, 2008
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-589 CHIM-FM Timmins – Non-renewal of licence, CRTC, October 23, 2012
-  Chim Fm Radio Network Timmins
- History of CHIM-FM at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CHIM-FM