|City of license||London, Ontario|
|Branding||102.3 Jack FM|
|Slogan||Playing whatever! Whenever!|
|Frequency||102.3 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||2000|
|Audience share||8.5% |
|Website||102.3 Jack FM|
CHST-FM is a Canadian radio station, broadcasting at 102.3 FM in London, Ontario. The station uses the on-air brand and format Jack FM. Jack FM broadcasts with an average effective radiated power of 5.84 kW from the CFPL-TV tower in Southwest London. Due to CHST-FM's low ERP relative to some London area radio stations, its broadcast signal covers only Middlesex, Elgin, and Oxford counties. The station's coverage to the west is impeded by co-channel WGRT in Port Huron, Michigan.
Approved by the CRTC in 1999, CHST was launched by CHUM Limited in 2000. It originally used the brand Star 102.3 with a hot adult contemporary format, but was rebranded as the adult hits format Bob FM in July 2003.
On June 21, 2010, CTVglobemedia announced it had entered into an agreement to sell the station to Rogers Media. The sale was approved by the CRTC on December 22, 2010. Under Rogers ownership, the station retained its variety hits format and the Bob FM branding, despite Rogers holding Canadian rights to the Jack FM brand. However, it did adopt elements of the Jack FM brand, such as a similar logo and the "Playing whatever! Whenever!" slogan.
On September 12, 2012, Rogers received approval to increase the station's effective radiated power from 5,840 to 20,400 watts (directional antenna with a maximum ERP from 12,100 to 100,000 watts), and change its class from B1 to C1.
On August 28, 2014, CHST-FM finally adopted the Jack FM brand, with no change in format.
On Air Personalities
- Steve Stax - morning host (current, former PM drive and music director)
- Viv - morning host (current)
- Taylor - mid-days (since 2003)
- Chris McEwin - afternoons (started 2012)
- Mindy Williamson - morning host from October 2011 to September 2012
- Ken Eastwood - morning host from August 2000 to September 2012
- "Spring 2013 BBM Canada Survey"
- Decision CRTC 99-482
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-490, CHST-FM London – Technical change, CRTC, September 12, 2012
- "Bob Gives Way To Jack in London, ON". Radio Insight. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- 102.3 Jack FM
- CHST History at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CHST-FM