|Broadcast area||Hudson/Saint-Lazare, Quebec|
|Branding||106.7 The Jewel|
|Frequency||106.7 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||November 4, 2014 (testing)
March 9, 2015 (regular broadcasting)
(Dufferin Communications Inc.)
CHSV-FM is a radio station which broadcasts an English-language soft adult contemporary/easy listening format on the frequency of 106.7 MHz (FM) in Hudson/Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada, part of Montreal's western suburbs. The station is owned by Evanov Communications under licensee Dufferin Communications Inc.
On January 20, 2012, Evanov announced that Dufferin applied with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to establish a new Soft AC station in Hudson; the new station would broadcast at 106.7 MHz at 500 watts at 94 metres HAAT. The frequency choice, however, would have conflicted with CKDG-FM's plans to relocate to 106.7, the frequency previously used by an Aboriginal Voices repeater in Montreal; however, on February 6, 2012, CKDG notified the CRTC that they had withdrawn its application for the frequency change, though it was unknown whether or not Evanov's application for the new station had to do with its decision.
On October 19, 2012, Evanov received approval for the new station from the CRTC. The new station would receive the CHSV-FM callsign in February 2013. However, commencement of broadcasting was delayed when Evanov sought CRTC approval of technical changes, which would allow the station to broadcast instead at 1,420 watts (maximum ERP 2,650 watts), on a directional antenna pattern with an EHAAT of 94.5 metres, from a new site 5.3 km southeast of the original location. The change of the parameters was due to its original site, on a tower owned by Bell Mobility, becoming unsuitable, both technically and economically. In addition, the station received interventions from CJVD-FM in Vaudreuil-Dorion, over competition issues; and CKIN-FM 106.3 Montreal, due to potential second-adjacent interference issues. The application, nevertheless, was approved on September 18, 2014, with Evanov soon announcing that the station would commence broadcasting in the fall of 2014.
Testing of its signal began on November 4, 2014. Reception would generally be limited to the Hudson/Saint-Lazare area, due to co-channel interference in Montreal and areas south from WIZN in Vergennes, Vermont, and first-adjacent interference in Eastern Ontario and the Outaouais region from CKQB-FM (106.9) in Ottawa. The station began regularly-scheduled programming on March 9, 2015, using the Jewel branding used by many other Evanov stations in the chain.
- Canadian Radio News at Facebook, January 20, 2012.
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2012-29, January 20, 2012.
- Canadian Radio News at Facebook, February 6, 2012.
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-271-1, February 6, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-576 English-language FM radio station in Hudson/St-Lazare, CRTC, October 19, 2012
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-483, September 18, 2014.
- Fagstein: "Two new radio stations to launch in Montreal region by end of 2014", September 18, 2014.
- Fagstein: "Hudson radio station The Jewel 106.7 begins testing", November 11, 2014.
- Fagstein: "The Jewel 106.7 Hudson launches Monday … live from Hawkesbury", March 8, 2015.
- Fagstein: "Hudson FM station ready to start “within weeks”", August 18, 2013.