CH postcode area
Postcode district boundaries: Bing
|Chester postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Chester|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The CH postcode area, also known as the Chester postcode area, is a group of postcode districts near the England/Wales border. Having previously roughly covered the former Chester district and present-day Flintshire county, postcodes for the Wirral Peninsula (CH41-CH66) were transferred to it in 1999 from the L postcode area. It includes Birkenhead, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Neston, Prenton and Wallasey in England and Bagillt, Buckley, Connah's Quay, Flint, Holywell and Mold in Wales.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
- This may only be used for PO Boxes now. There are live geographical postcodes, but (for example) Wallasey Town Hall is usually given the postcode CH44 8ED rather than CH27 9ZZ.
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "Why we are changing postcodes – Royal Mail". Wirral Globe website. Newsquest Media Group. 18 March 1999. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "RM non-geographical postcode list".