CTV News Yorkton (newscasts)
|Channels||Analog: 10 (VHF)
Digital: allocated 23 (UHF)
|First air date||1971|
|Transmitter power||56 kW|
CICC-TV (branded on-air as CTV Yorkton) is the CTV owned-and-operated station in Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada. It broadcasts an analogue signal on VHF channel 10 from a transmitter adjacent to Highway 52, west of Yorkton, and also operates rebroadcast transmitters in Norquay, Hudson Bay, Carlyle Lake, Wynyard and Humboldt.
In 2002, CTV parent company Bell Media sold CICC's former CBC Television-affiliated twinstick sister station, CKOS-TV, to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, which then made CKOS-TV a rebroadcaster of CBKT-DT in Regina.
CICC signed on in the fall of 1971, owned by Yorkton Television along with CKOS-TV. In 1984, it became sister station to Prince Albert's CBC affiliate, CKBI-TV. Baton Broadcasting acquired it in 1986 as part of its merger with Yorkton Television. When Baton bought controlling interest in CTV in 1996, CICC became the network's second-smallest O&O.
Bob Maloney and his news team anchors local Yorkton CTV News at Noon and CTV News at 6 p.m. (5 days a week). Other newscasts are simulcast from CKCK in Regina.
+ Indicates on-air staff based at CICC-TV
- Kelsey Chadwick - weekends at 6 and 11:30 p.m.; also video journalist
- Jonathan Glasgow - weekday mornings CTV Morning Live
- Raquel Fletcher - weeknights at 11:30 p.m.
- + Bob Maloney - weekdays at noon and weeknights at 6 p.m.
- Dan McIntosh - weeknights at 6 p.m.
- TBD - weekday mornings CTV Morning Live
- JC Garden - weather anchor; weeknights at 6 and 11:30 p.m., also video journalist
- Carey Smith - weather anchor; weekday mornings CTV Morning Live
- Lee Jones - sports director; weeknights at 6 and 11:30 p.m.
- Lindsay Dunn - sports and traffic anchor; weekday mornings CTV Morning Live; also Regina.CTV.ca anchor
- Nelson Bird - general assignment reporter and Aboriginal affairs specialist
- Ken Gousseau - video journalist
- Chris Hodges - video journalist
- Wayne Mantyka - general assignment reporter
Past on-air staff
- Rob Brown (now with CTV British Columbia)
- Mike Ciona (now with CTV Saskatoon)
- Robin Gill (now anchor with Global National)
- Chantel Huber (now with CTV Saskatoon)
- Jee-Yun Lee (now with CP24 in Toronto and CTV News)
- Sean McCormick (now with Sportsnet)
- Tom Popyk (now South Asia Correspondent with Global National)
- Morgan Reed (now with CTV Regina)
- Camille Ross (now with CTV Montreal)
- Pat McKay (now with (now with CTV Saskatoon)
- Ryan Sang (now with Global Toronto)
- Felicia Yap (now with CTV Atlantic)
|Station||City of licence||Channel||ERP||HAAT||Transmitter Coordinates|
|CICC-TV-2||Norquay||7 (VHF)||69 kW||107.6 m|
|CICC-TV-3*||Hudson Bay||11 (VHF)||0.68 kW||55.8 m|
|CIEW-TV||Carlyle Lake||7 (VHF)||170 kW||334.7 m|
|CIWH-TV||Wynyard||12 (VHF)||140 kW||170.7 m|
* CICC-TV-3 was among a long list of CTV rebroadcasters nationwide to have shut down on or before August 31, 2009, as part of a political dispute with Canadian authorities on paid fee-for-carriage requirements for cable television operators. A subsequent change in ownership assigned full control of CTVglobemedia to Bell Canada; as of 2011, these transmitters remain in normal licensed broadcast operation. Another transmitter that rebroadcast CICC-TV, CIWH-TV-1 channel 32 of Humboldt, was also on that list; that transmitter closed in late 2010.
- CTV Yorkton
- CTV Saskatchewan News
- Canadian Communications Foundation - CICC-TV History
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CICC-TV
- Query TV Fool's coverage map for CICC