|Prince Albert, Saskatchewan|
|Branding||CTV Prince Albert
CTV News Prince Albert (newscasts)
|Channels||Analog: 9 (VHF)|
|First air date||January 12, 1987|
|Call letters' meaning||CI Prince Albert|
|Transmitter power||325 kW|
CIPA-TV (branded on-air as CTV Prince Albert) is the CTV owned-and-operated station in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada, operating as a semi-satellite of CFQC-TV in Saskatoon. It broadcasts an analogue signal on VHF channel 9 from a transmitter between Louis Reil Trail/Highway 11 and Highway 2, south-southwest of Prince Albert and also operates rebroadcast transmitters in Alticane, Big River, Melfort and Nipawin.
Owned by Bell Media, its studios are located on 10 Street West (near the North Saskatchewan River) in Downtown Prince Albert. This station can also be seen on Shaw Cable channel 8 and Sasktel Max channel 4.
CIPA began transmission on January 12, 1987. In 2002, CTV parent company Bell Globemedia (now Bell Media) sold CIPA's former CBC-affiliated twinstick sister station, CKBI-TV, to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, which then made CKBI a rebroadcaster of CBKST in Saskatoon. CBC shut down the transmitter in 2012, leaving CIPA as the only over the air broadcast in Prince Albert.
CIPA has made several attempts at local newscasts over the years. However, due to recent cutbacks, currently its only local newscast is CTV News at Noon. It otherwise simulcasts CFQC's newscast, which includes reports from Prince Albert.
+ Indicates on-air staff based at CIPA-TV. All others are at CFQC, Saskatoon.
- Colin Thomas - weekends at 6 and 11:30 p.m.
- Jeremy Dodge - weekday mornings on CTV Morning Live (6-9 a.m.)
- Chantel Huber - weeknights at 6 p.m.
- Rob MacDonald - weeknights at 6 p.m.
- + Teena Monteleone - weekdays at noon
- Jeff Rogstad - weekdays at noon
- Matt Young - weeknights at 11:30 p.m.
- Jeff Rogstad - lead weather anchor; weeknights at 6 and 11:30 p.m.
- Mike Ciona - weather anchor; weekday mornings on CTV Morning Live (6-9 a.m.)
- Kevin Waugh - sports director; weeknights at 6 and 11:30 p.m., also sports reporter
- Craig Wilson - weeknights at 11:30 p.m., weekends at 6 and 11:30 p.m., sports reporter
- Angela Irinici - general assignment reporter
- Carla Shynkaruk - general assignment reporter
- + Christeen Jesse - general assignment reporter
- John Baglieri - general assignment reporter
- + Blair Farthing - general assignment reporter
- Jamie Fischer - general assignment reporter
- Jennifer Jellicoe - general assignment reporter
- Stephanie Massicotte - general assignment reporter; weekday mornings on CTV Morning Live (6-9 a.m.)
Local program hosts
- Nelson Bird - host of Indigenous Circle
- Bob Simpson - host of Farmgate
|Station||City of licence||Channel||ERP||HAAT||Transmitter Coordinates|
|CIPA-TV-1||Alticane||10 (VHF)||46.9 kW||186.4 m|
|CIPA-TV-2*||Big River||7 (VHF)||0.205 kW||67.7 m|
|CKBQ-TV||Melfort||2 (VHF)||15.5 kW||150 m|
|CKBQ-TV-1||Nipawin||12 (VHF)||11.6 kW||143.6 m|
* The Big River transmitter was among a long list of CTV rebroadcasters nationwide to have shut down on or before August 31, 2009, as part of a political dispute with Canadian authorities on paid fee-for-carriage requirements for cable television operators. A subsequent change in ownership assigned full control of CTV Globemedia to Bell Canada Enterprises; as of 2011, these transmitters remain in normal licensed broadcast operation.
- CTV Saskatoon
- CTV Saskatchewan News
- Canadian Communications Foundation - CIPA-TV History
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CIPA-TV
- Query TV Fool's coverage map for CIPA