Rick Sargent, the owner of the station, was given approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) on October 15, 2007 to broadcast on the frequency 105.5 FM at Bolton.
On March 14, 2012, the CRTC approved the application by Haliburton Broadcasting Group Inc. for authority to acquire from Rick Sargent the assets of CJFB-FM and CFGM-FM, and for broadcasting licences to continue the operation of the stations.
On April 23, 2012 Vista Broadcast Group, which owns a number of radio stations in western Canada, announced a deal to acquire Haliburton Broadcasting, in cooperation with Westerkirk Capital. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on October 19, 2012.
- Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008-29 CRTC Public Notice 2008-29
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-152
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-148 CJFB-FM Bolton and CFGM-FM Caledon – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, March 14, 2012
- "Westerkirk Capital Acquires Vista and Haliburton Broadcast Groups". Broadcaster, April 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-577 Various radio programming undertakings – Acquisition of assets, CRTC, October 19, 2012
|This article about a radio station in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|