|City of license||Leduc, Alberta|
|Broadcast area||Leduc-Edmonton, Alberta|
|Branding||93-1 The One|
|Slogan||"Leduc's Best Country"|
|Frequency||93.1 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||April 16, 2013|
|Owner||Blackgold Broadcasting Inc.
CJLD-FM is a Canadian radio station in Leduc, Alberta, Canada broadcasting a country format on 93.1MHz/FM as 93-1 The One. CJLD is owned and operated by Mark Tamagi and Blackgold Broadcasting Inc. The station is one of two Country music stations in the area, the other being CISN Country 103.9.
93-1 The One
On February 22, 2012, Mark Tamagi, on behalf of Blackgold Broadcasting Inc, received Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to operate a new English language FM radio station in Leduc. On March 21, 2013, The One began testing their signal for a mandatory three-week test period required by Industry Canada.
On April 16, 2013, at 9:31am, after several years of planning, The One officially launched to serve Leduc and Leduc County as the city's first official radio station. The first song played on The One was "Roughest Neck Around" by Corb Lund.
On September 15, 2014 The Commission approves an application by Blackgold Broadcasting Inc. for a broadcasting license to operate an English-language commercial FM radio station to serve Spruce Grove and Stony Plain. http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-475.htm
After 6 years of hard work, the vision of Blackgold Broadcasting to bring Parkland County its FIRST radio station is about to become reality. Since receiving approval from the CRTC today, the wheels have been turning exceptionally fast. 88.1 THE ONE will serve the Town of Stony Plain and City of Spruce Grove and the hundreds of farms and acreages in Parkland County.
The official Industry Canada call sign is CKSS. 88.1 THE ONE "Parkland's Best Country" will provide its audience content that has never been given before – local news & sports, local weather, and pertinent community information.
The current lineup (as of September 2, 2014) is as follows:
- Morning Show (5:30 a.m.-9 a.m.): One Mornings - Gruff Gushnowski
- News Director/Morning Co-host: Joelle Jordan
- Mid-Days (10 a.m.-3 p.m.): Katie Stanners
- Afternoons (3 p.m.-7 p.m.): Jenn Dalen W/ Stephen Sutcliffe (News)
- Nighttime (7 p.m.-12 a.m.): The John Tesh Radio Show - John Tesh
- Weekend/Fill-in: Dan Borden
- Operations Manager: Gruff Gushnowski
- Program Director/Music Director: Jenn Dalen
- Afternoon News Anchor: Stephan Sutcliffe
- Traffic/Accounting: Linda Forstell
- Senior Account Manager: Megan Nietfled
- Account Manager: Chantel Sagen
- Interactive Account Manager: Stephanie Howe
- General Manager: Karren Andreychuk
- President/Owner: Mark Tamagi
- 93.1 The One
- History of radio stations in Northern Alberta at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Leduc, Alberta - recnet.com