|Broadcast area||Montreal, Quebec|
|Slogan||"Écoutez comme c'est beau." (Listen to how beautiful it is.)
"La plus belle musique au monde!" (The most beautiful music in the world!)
|Frequency||99.5 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||1998|
Owned and operated by Radio-Classique Montréal, an independent company 90% owned by Jean-Pierre Coallier, it broadcasts on 99.5 MHz using an omnidirectional antenna with an effective radiated power of 8,700 watts (class B).
The station has had a classical music commercial format, similar to Classic FM, since its inception on 25 June 1998. It identifies itself as "Radio-Classique Montréal CJPX 99,5 FM". The station is the first successful commercial classical music station in Montreal, following the failure of CJRM-FM in 1968 and decades of reluctance since then by the CRTC to allow such a station to go on the air.
CJPX's main studios are located in Parc Jean-Drapeau on Île Notre-Dame in the Saint Lawrence River. It has a secondary studio off the lobby at Place des Arts in downtown Montreal. It transmits from Mount Royal.
On-air personalities on CJPX include:
- Jean-Pierre Coallier: Les matins de Radio-Classique (05:30 to 10:00)
- Chantal Lavoie: La musique s'invite! (10:00 to 15:00)
- François Paré: Paré pour le retour (15:00 to 18:00)
- Claude-Michel Coallier: Les fins d'après-midi Radio-Classique
- Albert Millaire (seven days a week): Musique pour les Soupers du Roy (18:00 to 21:00)
- Julie Bélanger: Les bons soirs de Julie (21:00 to 00:00; also has a cultural chronicle called "Les Petites Sorties de Julie")
- Marc Hervieux: Mes plaisirs (SAT/SUN, 09:00 to 11:00)
- Christiane Tétreault
- Marc-André Coallier
- Karen Hader: Les œuvres complètes (SAT/SUN, 06:00 to 09:00)
- Claude-Michel Coallier: Le bal de la cour (SAT, 21:00 to 22:00)
- François Paré (also works at CJSQ-FM as a host and director)
- Decision CRTC 97-293 Approval of the 9044-1569 application
- Quelques notes chronologiques sur la radio
- Suzanne Colpron. "Une licence pour imprimer de l'argent", La Presse, 28 September 1996.
- Radio-Classique Montréal CJPX 99,5 FM
- CJPX-FM history at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJPX-FM
|This article about a radio station in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|