CKBT-FM is a Canadian radio station, broadcasting at 91.5 FM in Kitchener, Ontario from the Global TV tower at 475 Ayr Road. The station broadcasts a contemporary hit radio format branded as 91.5 The Beat, with offices in Kitchener.
The station was launched by CanWest Global in January 2004. The original studios were at 235 King Street East, Suite 120, Kitchener.
91.5 The Beat logo used from 2004 - 2007
The station originally aired a rhythmic top 40 format (e.g. hip hop, reggae and R&B), until switching to its current format in 2005.
In September 2006, Corus Entertainment, already owner of CJDV-FM in nearby Cambridge, announced it would buy CKBT and Winnipeg's CJZZ-FM (now CJGV-FM) from CanWest, subject to Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) approval. The transaction was approved by the CRTC on July 6, 2007, and as of July 29, 2007, CKBT was officially made part of Corus Entertainment's radio properties.
On August 14, 2009, CKBT moved into a new broadcast facility with brother station CJDV-FM at 50 Sportsworld Crossing Road, Kitchener.
- The Beat Breakfast with Carlos, Sophie & Dave (Weekday Mornings from 5:30am-9:30am)
- Rob Daniels (Weekdays 9:00am-2:00pm)
- Kara Judge (Weekdays 2:00pm-6:00pm)
- The Beat Mix At Six featuring DJ Flash (Weeknights 6:00pm-7:00pm)
- Kendra (Weeknights 7:00pm-12:00am)
- Lee and Wil Smith (Weekends)
- American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest (Saturdays 12:00pm-4:00pm)
- CLUB 915 featuring DJ Flash, DJ Matt Hodge, DJ White Gold & DJ Zoltan (Saturdays 8p-10p)
- Old Skool Sunday with Stacey Thompson (Sundays 11:00am-5:00pm)
Coordinates: 43°15′39″N 80°26′38″W / 43.26083°N 80.44389°W