CKJR is a radio station in Wetaskiwin, Alberta broadcasting its signal on 1440 kHz AM with 10,000 watts of power, known as W1440 and owned by Newcap Radio.
- The station started in 1971 as CJOI on 1440 kHz, with 1,000 watts power.
- In 1974, CJOI started using 10,000 watts power
- CJOI became CKJR in 1994 (new call appears in World Radio TV Handbook 1995)
- In 2002, Standard Broadcasting purchased stations and sold parts to Newcap Broadcasting and Rogers Communications.
- CJOI is now an FM radio station in Rimouski, Quebec.
- In late September, 2006, CKJR changed formats from Hot Country to Oldies, and a name change from Cat Country 1440 KJR to W1440, meaning Wetaskiwin 1440.
Coordinates: 52°58′13″N 113°22′48″W / 52.9703°N 113.3799°W