|City of license||Calgary, Alberta|
|Slogan||Reflecting Ethnic Diversity|
|Frequency||106.7 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||May 3, 2013|
|Owner||South Asian Broadcasting Corporation|
|Website||Red FM Calgary|
CKYR-FM is a radio station which operates a multilingual/ethnic radio station on the frequency of 106.7 MHz/FM in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The station is branded as RED FM. CKYR's studios are located on Westwinds Drive Northeast in Calgary, while its transmitter is located on Old Banff Coach Road in western Calgary.
On May 24, 2012, Multicultural Broadcasting Corporation Inc. received a licence from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to operate a new ethnic commercial radio station to serve Calgary.
CIRI-FM, a very low power traffic radio station operating at 106.5 MHz is an adjacent frequency to the new proposed multicultural station at 106.7 MHz. There are possibilities that one of these stations may have to change frequencies to avoid interference.
CKYR's programming is primarily South Asian (Hindi and Punjabi) but it also airs programming in the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Croatian, Fijian, Gujarati, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sindhi, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil and Vietnamese.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-308, Licensing of new radio stations to serve Calgary, Alberta, CRTC, May 24, 2012
- RED FM (CKYR) 106.7 Calgary is on the air testing, Radio West - Canadian Radio News, February 17, 2013
- Calgary’s Newest Radio Station, Red FM 106.7 FM, Launched on May 3, 2013, mediamag.ca
- Red Fm Calgary
- RED FM 106.7 - Facebook page.
- History of radio stations in Southern Alberta - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Calgary, AB - recnet.com
|This article about a radio station in Alberta is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|