CLIC Sargent is a charity in the United Kingdom formed in 2005. The charity specializes in supporting children with cancer and their families. It provides clinical, practical, financial and emotional support to help children cope with cancer and get the most out of life.
CLIC Sargent was formed in 2005 after a successful merger between Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood (CLIC) and Sargent Cancer Care for Children.
Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood (CLIC), was founded in 1976 by Bob Woodward following the diagnosis of his young son with cancer two years earlier.
CLIC Sargent provides the following services:
- clinical, practical and emotional support for children and young people with cancer, and their families
- financial support including grants and benefits information to children and young people with cancer
- free 'Home from Home' accommodation close to specialist hospitals, so that families can be close to their children during treatment
- free breaks so that families can spend time together, with the support of CLIC Sargent care professionals
- provision for children, young people and families of a range of information on childhood cancer and its impact
- raising awareness of the needs of children and young people with cancer and campaigning to improve the support they receive.
- Lady Helen Taylor, CLIC Sargent Ambassador
- Lucy Alexander
- James Allen
- Lord Richard Attenborough
- Alice Beer
- Angellica Bell
- Nicola Benedetti
- Cherie Booth
- Sara Carello
- Mark Chapman
- Sir James Galway
- Tim Henman
- Chris Hollins
- Emma Johnson
- Marie and Eddie Jordan
- Gary Lineker
- Jackie and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
- Julian Lloyd Webber
- Sally Magnusson
- Sandra and Barry McGuigan
- José Mourinho
- Patsy Palmer
- Steve Rider
- Gaby Roslin
- Michelle Ryan
- Sharleen Spiteri
- Rowan Williams
- Richard Young
A Bluestar bus in a special advertising livery to support the charity.
Rear of the Bluestar bus in the special advertising livery.
- Children With Leukaemia
- Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
- The Neuroblastoma Society
- Neuroblastoma Children's Cancer Alliance UK
- Leonora Children's Cancer Fund