|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2007)|
|Launched||7 December 1999|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Slogan||"First in Business Worldwide"|
|Formerly called||CNBC India (1999–2004)|
|Sister channel(s)||CNBC Awaaz
|CNBC-TV18 LIVE stream||Click here|
CNBC-TV18 is a business news channel broadcast in India based in Mumbai. The channel was launched on December 7, 1999. It was the first business news channel launched in India and still leads that genre. The channel has been an integral part of the Indian economic story, spearheading and mirroring India's enterprising times.
The channel's benchmark coverage extends from corporate news, financial markets coverage, and expert perspective on investing and management to industry verticals and beyond. CNBC-TV18 has been constantly innovating with new genres of programming that helps make business more relevant to different constituencies across India. India’s most able business audience consumes CNBC-TV18 for their information and investing needs. This audience is highly diversified, at one level comprising key groups such as business leaders, professionals, retail investors, brokers and traders, intermediaries, self-employed professionals, high-net-worth individuals, students and even homemakers but shares a distinct commonality in terms of their spirit of enterprise. CNBC-TV18 is available in over 35 million households in India.
Current on-air staff
|Raghav Bahl||Managing Director, Network18|
|Senthil Chengalvarayan||Group Editorial President, TV18 Business Media|
|Shereen Bhan||Managing Editor|
|Maneka Doshi||Executive Editor|
|Latha Venkatesh||Banking Editor|
CNBC-TV18's Key Milestones
- CNBC-TV18 was the First 24 hr business news channel in the country – Launched in 1999 as CNBC India and was later re-christened CNBC-TV18
- CNBC-TV18 has maintained a dominant position in market share, despite the emergence of competition in recent years. The channel has consistently delivered more than 50% market share
- The channel has won Best Business News Channel awards at all major recognized industry events, apart from numerous other accolades across national & international platforms. These include the acclaimed Indian Telly Awards, Indian Television Academy & News Television Awards
- The Indian marketing & media decision makers have rated CNBC-TV18 India’s No.1 TV Brand in a market that has over 400 TV brands competing for eyeballs (Pitch Brandometer Survey 2009)
- CNBC-TV18 runs India's largest platform for recognizing & rewarding accomplishments of Indian SME's - The Emerging India Awards. The Awards are listed in the Limca book of records as they received the highest number of entries for any business awards in the country till date.
- CNBC-TV18 runs India’s most respected and sought after awards for recognizing business & entrepreneurial achievement, the CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards (IBLA). The IBLA re-inforces the prestige of CNBC Asia’s “Asia Business Leader Awards” (ABLA) in the country.
- CNBC-TV18 was the first channel to deliver beam live INTERNATIONAL business news programming into the country and show live opening of global exchanges, across the world
- CNBC-TV18’s Storyboard is the longest-running show focused on Advertising and Marketing
- CNBC-TV18 was the 1st channel to have a dedicated show on corporate law in India, The Firm
- CNBC-TV18’s Young Turks is one of India’s first dedicated & longest-running shows focusing on young entrepreneurs
- CNBC-TV18 Launched CNBC TV18 Prime HD. India's First Business news channel in HD.
- "Profit From It" (2000—2008)
- "The World Leader in Business News" (2004—2008)
- "First in Business Worldwide" (2008—2013)
- "Hello Dreamers" (2013-present
CNBC-TV18 also publishes business and investing books and DVDs through Network18's division BestSellers18. The collection of books and DVDs range a broad spectrum of topics right from economics, stock markets, finance, entrepreneurship, management, business empowerment and philosophy.
Started 7 January 2008, CNBC-TV18 had patterned its graphics, some parts of the lower-thirds, title cards to the main network (CNBC) in the United States and unlike the regional channel, its graphics are in 3d. Although it has retained the old ticker (similar to the CNBC US 2002 graphics) and stock bar (similar to the CNBC US 2003 graphics), which is above the channel DOG, it has moved it to the top of the screen during CNBC Asia, NBC and CNBC US programmes.
Started March 29, 2010, CNBC-TV18 made another revamp, to make some of its lower-thirds look like CNBC US.
The ‘CNBC-TV18 Prime HD’ service has been designed specifically to target the highly involved business news viewers and investors in the country especially CEO’s, analysts, brokers, investment professionals, fund managers and active retail participants. Fusing the power of broadcast news with the essence of the financial data terminal, CNBC-TV18 Prime HD will operate on a seamless and unique ‘2 window’ screen architecture, that will offer rich and in-depth live VIDEO and DATA content to viewers simultaneously.
CNBC TV18 Prime HD is available on Dish TV, Videocon, Hathway HD, Tata Sky added it on 05 Feb 2014
- Network 18 Official website
- In.com - Latest Online venture from Network 18 Group