Committee on Data for Science and Technology
The Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA) was established in 1966 as an interdisciplinary committee of the International Council for Science. It seeks to improve the compilation, critical evaluation, storage, and retrieval of data of importance to science and technology.
The CODATA Task Group on Fundamental Constants was established in 1969. Its purpose is to periodically provide the international scientific and technological communities with an internationally accepted set of values of the fundamental physical constants and closely related conversion factors for use worldwide. The first such CODATA set was published in 1973, later in 1986, 1998, 2002 and the fifth in 2006. The latest version is Ver.6.0 called "2010CODATA" published on 2011-06-02.
The CODATA recommended values of fundamental physical constants are published at the NIST Reference on Constants, Units, and Uncertainty.
CODATA sponsors the CODATA international conference every two years.
See also 
- "CODATA Recommended Values of the Fundamental Physical Constants: 2010". Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA). NIST.
Further reading 
- Peter J. Mohr, Barry N. Taylor and David B. Newell (April 2008). "CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants: 2006" (PDF). Reviews of Modern Physics 80 (2): 633–730. arXiv:0801.0028. Bibcode:2008RvMP...80..633M. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.80.633. Retrieved 2009-07-20. An in-depth discussion of how the 2006 CODATA constants were selected and determined.
- Peter J. Mohr and Barry N. Taylor (January 2005). "CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants: 2002" (PDF). Reviews of Modern Physics 77: 1–107. Bibcode:2005RvMP...77....1M. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.77.1. Retrieved 2008-02-20. An in-depth discussion of how the 2002 CODATA constants were selected and determined.
- Mohr, P.J. and Taylor, B.N. (1999). "CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants: 1998". Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data 28 (6): 1713–1852. Bibcode:1999JPCRD..28.1713M. doi:10.1063/1.556049.
- Cox J.D., Wagman D.D. and Medvedev V.A. (1989) CODATA Key values for thermodynamics Hemisphere Publishing Corp., New York. ISBN 0-89116-758-7
- Cohen E.R. and Taylor B.N. (January 1987). "The 1986 CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants". Journal of research of the national bureau of standards 92: 1–13.
- Cohen E.R. and Taylor B.N. (1973). "The 1973 least-squares adjustment of the fundamental constants". Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data 2: 663–734. Bibcode:1973JPCRD...2..663C. doi:10.1063/1.3253130.