COMSA Rail Transport
|Services||Rail freight, locomotive hire|
COMSA Rail Transport was founded in 2002 to provide rail services, including freight, passenger and construction trains, locomotive hire for rail construction and other related services including sidings and terminals.
In September 2005 COMSA became the first private rail company to obtain a license to operate on the Spanish railway network, in 2007 a safety certificate for operations was obtained and the company began operating freight trains in 2007.
In 2009 the company operated over 1000 freight trains, including 375 automotive part trains for SEAT in Martorell, and coal trains from sea ports to a power plant in Ponferrada, as well as supply locomotives for the construction of the Madrid–Levante high-speed rail line.
- 2005: Founding member of the (now defunct) European Bulls International Railfreight Alliance
- 2006: fer Polska Joint venture with Rail4Chem
- 2009: In association with Portuguese rail company Takargo Rail a joint venture Ibercargo Rail operates services between Spain and Portugal.
- 2013: SNCF-Geodis and COMSA Rail Transport sign a cooperation agreement on developing rail freight between Iberia, France, and Central Europe.
As of 2009 the company operates three Class 335 Euro 4000, two Class 317 G1700 and two Class 312 MZ III locomotives (ex-DSB MZ[note 1]) diesel locomotives, and 18 Electroputere LDE2100 diesel locomotives. Three Class 253 TRAXX DC locomotives were also delivery in October 2009.
- "European Bulls - Rail Freight Alliance :COMSA rail transport". www.european-bulls.com.[dead link]
- "Annual Report 2009". www.comsaemte.com. COMSA EMTE. pp. 115–.
- "COMSA Rail Transport". www.aprofet.com (in Spanish). p. 6.
- "Press Kit COMSA EMTE". www.comsaemte.com (Press release). COMSA EMTE.
- "Los Ferrocarriles Franceses entran en el accionariado de Comsa Rail Transport" [French railways enter in the capital of Comsa Rail Transport]. vialibre.org (in Spanish). 30 Avril 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "SNCF to take 25% stake in Comsa Rail Transport". Railway Gazette International. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Barrow, Keith (29 Oct 2013), SNCF-Comsa Rail share acquisition approved
- "FER Polska S.A.". Transport i Komunikacja - transport-komunikacja.pl. Warsaw, Poland. 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "International Operations". www.comsaemte.com.
- "Spain: Interoperable freight traffic between Spain and Portugal". UIC ENEWS, www.uic.org. International Union of Railways. 2009-03-17.
- "DSB Litra MZ(III) 1427-1446". www.jernbanen.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Comsa S/253: Introduction". www.railcolor.net. see invididual locomotive historys for Comsa "253-1001" to "253-103". Retrieved 16 January 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to COMSA Rail Transport.|