COMSTECH is an abbreviation for the OIC's Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation for the promotion and cooperation of science and technology activities among the OIC member states.
COMSTECH was established by the OIC's Islamic Summit in 1981 and comprises the OIC member states for the sake of building on indigenous capabilities in science and technology, promotion and cooperation in relevant areas, and establishment of institutional structure for planning and development at Ummah level.
Their stated objectives are:
- Assessment of the human and material resources of OIC member states and determination of science and technology needs and requirements.
- Building up the indigenous capability of member states in the fields of science and technology through cooperation and mutual assistance.
- Promotion of cooperation and coordination amongst the member states in science and technology. Creation of an effective institutional structure of planning, research and development and monitoring of science and technology activities in high technology areas.
Inter-Library Resource Network
The Inter-Library Resource Network Service is a programme that networks libraries of the OIC member states, requiring all member institutions to provide free access to the users of other members.
In 2007 the journal holdings of 45 libraries from 15 OIC members had been networked, and the same figures were reported in early 2009. As of 2009[update], COMSTECH lists the following 48 libraries as part of the network:
- Al Al-Bayt University, Amman, Jordan
- Abdullahi Fodiyo Library Complex, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Nigeria
- Allama I.I. Kazi Library, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Pakistan
- Applied Sciences University, Amman, Jordan
- Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- Bangladesh Agriculture University, Mymensing, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR) Library, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Institute of Research & Rehabilitation in Diabetes, Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders (BIRDEM) Shahbagh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh National Scientific and Technical Documentation Centre (BANSDOC) Library, Mirpore Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh University of Science & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh bd.drik.net[clarification needed]
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Central Library, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan
- Central Library, N.W.F.P. University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan
- Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Dhaka University Library, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Dr. Raziuddin Siddiqi Memorial Library, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
- Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Sukolilo, East Java, Indonesia
- International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), Aleppo, Syria
- International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (ICDDRB)
- International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), Iran
- International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Iranian University of Science & Technology, Tehran, Iran
- Jordan University of Science & Technology, Jordan
- King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology (KACST), Saudi Arabia
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR)
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Graduate School of Business Administration, Lahore Pakistan
- Mohammad V University, Rabat, Morocco[clarification needed]
- Ondokuz Mayis Üniversitesi, Kurupelit, Samsun 55139,Turkey 
- Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology, Nilore, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur Sindh, Pakistan
- Regional Information Center for Science & Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
- Sultan Qaboos University, Musqat, Oman
- Universitas Katolik Indonesia Atma Jaya, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Universite Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
- Universite De Saint-Louis, Saint-Louis, Senegal
- Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- University of Peshawar, Peshawar, Pakistan
- University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- University of Qatar, Doha, Qatar
- University of Uyo, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University Library, Sokoto, Nigeria
- Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan
- Satellite Research & Development Center, Lahore
- Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
- Space and Atmospheric Research Centre Library, Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission, Karachi, Pakistan
- Midrar ullah, Librarian and Literature Search Officer Army Medical College (Jan–Jul 2007). "Medical Library Cooperation: a necessity". Rawal Medical Journal 32 (1). ISSN 0303-5212. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- Associated Press of Pakistan (2009). "Comstech starts networking of 45 OIC libraries". Business Recorder.
- "List of Participating Libraries". COMSTECH.
- "Regional Information Center for Science and Technology and The Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH)". Regional Information Center for Science & Technology.