From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from COOP)
|Look up co-op or coop in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Co-op or Coop or COOP may refer to
- chicken coop, a pen or enclosure for birds
- cooperative ("coop") or co-operative ("co-op"), an autonomous association of persons who voluntarily cooperate for their mutual, social, economic, and cultural benefit
- Slang for a prison
- Continuity of Operations plan, a United States continuity of government initiative
- Craft of Opportunity Program, a Royal Australian Navy minesweeper acquisition program
- Coop (Italy), an Italian supermarket chain
- Coop (Netherlands), a Dutch supermarket chain
- Coop Norden, a Scandinavian purchasing company, owner of different types of stores named Coop in Scandinavia
- Coop (Switzerland), a Swiss supermarket chain
- Coop Himmelb(l)au, an architectural design firm
- Federated Co-operatives, a Canadian co-operative federation known for its "CO-OP" brand products and stores
- Harvard/MIT Cooperative Society, nicknamed "The Coop", a cooperative campus store based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- The Co-operative brand, a branding used by several UK co-operative businesses (not the same as the Co-operative Group), including a well-known supermarket chain generally referred to as "The Co-Op"
- The Co-operative Group, a group of UK co-operative businesses
- Cooperative education, structured method of combining classroom-based education with practical work experience.
- Cooperative gameplay in video games
A co-operative federation or secondary co-operative is a co-operative in which all members are, in turn, co-operatives:
- Coop (artist), an American Hot-Rod artist
- Coop (Charmed), short for "Cupid", a character in the television series
- Grant Cooper, student at Ursinus College, nickname "Coop"
- Marissa Cooper's nickname on The O.C.
- Michael Cooper, basketball coach and former player
- Coop, a character on Megas XLR
- Co-Op Block and J. N. Ireland Bank, a NRHP-listed property in Malad City, Idaho
- Co-Operative, Kentucky
- Co-operative Block Building, a NRHP-listed property in Crawford, Nebraska
- Coop Arena, an indoor sporting arena in Luleå, Sweden
Types of cooperative organizations
- Agricultural cooperative, also known as a farmers' co-op, an enterprise or company where farmers pool their resources in certain areas of activity
- Artist cooperative, an autonomous visual arts organization, enterprise, or association jointly-owned and democratically-controlled by and for the benefit of its artist-members
- Building cooperative, a cooperative housing corporation where individuals or families together to directly construct their own homes in a cooperative fashion
- Consumer cooperative, a cooperative business owned by its customers for their mutual benefit
- Housing cooperative, a legal entity that owns real estate, as opposed to a condominium
- Retailers' cooperative, or a secondary or marketing cooperative, an organization which employs economies of scale on behalf of its members to get discounts from manufacturers and to pool marketing
- Utility cooperative, a public utility that is owned by its customers
- Worker cooperative, or producer cooperative, an enterprise or company owned and democratically controlled by its worker-owners
- CO-OP Financial Services
- Coop, a minor political party in the Philippines
- The Co-op, a 1980s singer-songwriter cooperative that formed the Fast Folk musical magazine
- COOP exam, a standardized admission test to certain catholic high schools
- A type of street football with one goal
- A Truck scale on a US Highway, mostly used by truck drivers, also known as a "chicken coop"
- .coop, a sponsored top-level domain (sTLD) in the Domain Name System of the Internet
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.