CP Urban Services
|CP Urban Services|
|Locale||Metropolitan Lisbon and Metropolitan Oporto|
|Transit type||Commuter rail|
|Number of lines||4 with 7 services (Lisbon) and 5 (Oporto)|
|Operator(s)||Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses|
Metropolitan Lisbon Network
It comprises four lines,
- Azambuja line: connects Azambuja and Castanheira do Ribatejo to Alcântara-Terra and Santa Apolónia
- Cascais line: connects Cascais to Cais do Sodré
- Sado line: connects Barreiro to Praias do Sado
- Sintra line: connects Sintra to Rossio and Alverca; and also Mira-Sintra-Meleças to Oriente
And a smaller line, the Cintura line, connecting Braço de Prata (Azambuja line) to Alcântara-Mar (Cascais line), which also connects to the Sintra line at Campolide, but has no services of its own, being used by services from Azambuja and Sintra lines.
Some services use both Azambuja and Sintra lines, and all services from those lines are joined in a single timetable (Azambuja/Lisboa/Sintra)
Metropolitan Oporto Network
The CP Urban Services in the great Oporto area consists of 4 main lines, linking Oporto Terminus São Bento Station (Estação de São Bento) in Oporto Downtown with the cities of Braga, Guimarães, Aveiro and Penafiel. The lines are completely electrified and the service is efficient. The Commuter rail service in Oporto is well connected with bus and metro service in the city, linking with lines A (Blue line), B (Red line), C (Green line), E (Violet Line) and F (Orange Line) of metro service in Campanhã Station and with line D (Yellow line) in São Bento Station.
- CP, "Mapa das Linhas dos Comboios Urbanos do Porto" (Oporto Urban Trains Lines Map)  (Portuguese) Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- CP, Lisbon Urban Service network map  Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- CP, "Azambuja / Lisboa / Sintra – summary [timetable]"  (in Portuguese), Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Expresso, "Transportes: Linha ferroviária de Leixões recebe comboios de passageiros a partir de Setembro"  (Portuguese) Retrieved on 2010-08-31.
- Official Web Site (in English)