A CR2032 battery is a button cell lithium battery rated at 3.0 volts. It is commonly used in computers as a CMOS battery, calculators, remote controls, scientific instruments, wireless doorbells, watches, and other small devices. CR2032 indicates a round cell 19.9.±0.1 mm diameter and 3.1±0.1 mm height as defined by the IEC standard 60086. Nominal diameter is 20 mm, nominal height is 3.2 mm. Review of 14 data sheets from different suppliers show a range of weights from 2.8 g to 3.9 g. Except for the two extreme outliers, all reported weights were between 3.0 g and 3.2 g, with the mode being 3.2 g.
The BR2032 battery has the same dimensions, a slightly lower nominal voltage and capacity, and an extended temperature range compared with the CR2032. It is rated for temperatures as high as 85 °C or as low as –30 °C, while the CR2032 is specified over the range -20 °C to 70 °C. BR2032 also has a much lower self-discharge rate.[quantify] Using a BR2032 in place of a CR2032 will not damage equipment, and in most cases will function properly.
- C: (−) lithium electrode – organic electrolyte – manganese dioxide electrode (+)
- B: (−) lithium electrode – organic electrolyte – carbon monofluoride electrode (+)
The second letter R indicates a round (cylindrical) form.
The digits 2032 indicate the maximum dimensions are 20.0 mm diameter and 3.2 mm height as defined by the IEC standard 60086.
|Lithium-manganese dioxide||Lithium-carbon monofluoride|
|Typical capacity||225 mAh||190 mAh|
|Nominal voltage||3.0 V||2.8 V|
|Usable temperature range||-20 .. 70 °C||-30 .. 85 °C|
Manufacturers of batteries may have their own model numbers for cells interchangeable with the CR2032 and may identify their cell with both their own number and the IEC designation.
- http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/includes/pdf/Panasonic_Lithium_BR3032.pdf Specifications, retrieved 2012 Sept 27
- Specification for Lithium battery model CR2032. http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1496885.pdf
- cr2032.co: CR2032 datasheet and information website
- batteryholders.org: Drawing of CR2032 lithium battery based on ANSI specifications
- energizer.com: Product datasheet energizer CR2032 (347 kB pdf)