A CR2032 battery is a button cell lithium battery rated at 3.0 volts. It is commonly used in computers as a CMOS battery, calculators, remote controls, scientific instruments, wireless doorbells, watches, and other small devices. CR2032 indicates a round cell 19.9.±0.1 mm diameter and 3.1±0.1 mm height as defined by the IEC standard 60086. Nominal diameter is 20 mm, nominal height is 3.2 mm. Review of 14 data sheets from different suppliers show a range of weights from 2.8g to 3.9g. Except for the two extreme outliers, all reported weights were between 3.0g and 3.2g, with the mode being 3.2g.
The BR2032 battery has the same dimensions, a slightly lower nominal voltage and capacity, and an extended temperature range compared with the CR2032. It is rated for temperatures as high as 85°C or as low as –30°C, while the CR2032 is specified over the range -20°C to 70°C. BR2032 also has a much lower self-discharge rate.[quantify] Using a BR2032 in place of a CR2032 will not damage equipment, and in most cases will function properly.
- C: (−) lithium electrode – organic electrolyte – manganese dioxide electrode (+)
- B: (−) lithium electrode – organic electrolyte – carbon monofluoride electrode (+)
The second letter R indicates a round (cylindrical) form.
The digits 2032 indicate the maximum dimensions are 20.0 mm diameter and 3.2 mm height as defined by the IEC standard 60086.
|Lithium-manganese dioxide||Lithium-carbon monofluoride|
|Typical capacity||225 mAh||190 mAh|
|Nominal voltage||3.0 V||2.8 V|
|Usable temperature range||-20 .. 70 °C||-30 .. 85 °C|
Manufacturers of batteries may have their own model numbers for cells interchangeable with the CR2032 and may identify their cell with both their own number and the IEC designation.
- http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/includes/pdf/Panasonic_Lithium_BR3032.pdf Specifications, retrieved 2012 Sept 27
- Specification for Lithium battery model CR2032. http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1496885.pdf
- cr2032.co: CR2032 datasheet and information website
- batteryholders.org: Drawing of CR2032 lithium battery based on ANSI specifications
- energizer.com: Product datasheet energizer CR2032 (347 kB pdf)