CSI: NY (season 7)
|CSI: NY (season 7)|
The Seventh Season US Boxset
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original run||September 24, 2010– May 13, 2011|
|Home video release|
|Region 1||September 27, 2011|
|Region 2||January 9, 2012|
|Region 4||March 13, 2013|
The seventh season of CSI: NY originally aired on CBS between September 2010 and May 2011. It consisted of 22 episodes. Its regular time slot moved to Fridays at 9pm/8c. The premiere, "The 34th Floor", concluded the story from the previous season's cliffhanger finale, "Vacation Getaway".
The season introduced a new regular character, Jo Danville, after regular Stella Bonasera moved to New Orleans to head up their crime lab. Melina Kanakaredes, who played Bonasera, did not renew her contract.
|Character||Portrayed by||Main cast|
|Mac Taylor||Gary Sinise||entire season|
|Jo Danville||Sela Ward||entire season|
|Danny Messer||Carmine Giovinazzo||entire season|
|Lindsay Messer||Anna Belknap||entire season|
|Sid Hammerback||Robert Joy||entire season|
|Adam Ross||A. J. Buckley||entire season|
|Sheldon Hawkes||Hill Harper||entire season|
|Don Flack||Eddie Cahill||entire season|
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|141||1||"The 34th Floor"||Duane Clark||John Dove & Pam Veasey||September 24, 2010||10.35|
|Following the cliffhanger of "Vacation Getaway", Lindsay Monroe kills Shane Casey. Five months later she is awarded a Combat Cross. She and her team return to the crime lab where Stella Bonasera's replacement, Jo Danville has found the body of Sarah Nelson, a secretary in an architect's office on the floor below the crime lab. They determine she was killed by a pair of scissors. Later, they hear of a second victim from the office, Theodore Westwick, who survived an attack. After finding a dropped pair of scissors, the CSIs match the fingerprints to a high-end thief. When Danny and Flack catch him, he claims that he broke into the office and witnessed Westwick murder Nelson, and later defended himself when Westwick attempted to kill him, too. Danville and Hawkes prove the burglars claim. When Mac's team arrives to arrest Westwick he pulls a gun to make Mac and Flack shoot him.|
|142||2||"Unfriendly Chat"||Eric Laneuville||Trey Callaway||October 1, 2010||9.70|
|A young woman is strangled to death while she is having an online chat with Adam Ross. The victim is 20-year-old Sass Dumonde, a French music student, who is actually studying in New York City. At the crime scene, the team finds that the murderer took one of her laptops, which belonged to Draga Financial, an investment firm under investigation by the FBI. Hawkes determines the face behind the mask of the killer is an employee of the firm. When Mac arrives at his office he finds him gone and targeting Adam. When the murderer tries to kill Adam, Adam is able to subdue him while the police arrive. In the end, Mac, having learned Adam previously hacked into Draga's system against his permission, puts him on a three-day suspension.|
|143||3||"Damned If You Do"||Christine Moore||Zachary Reiter||October 8, 2010||9.89|
|A married couple are found beaten in their home, with the husband dead and wife barely alive. The woman identifies her son, Billy Travers, as the attacker. However, there are a series of complications in the case. First, the mother is suffering from amnesia, and later does not recall who attacked her. Next, a convict facing a life sentence who broke out confesses to the crime; is this a ploy, or is the real attacker still on the loose?|
|144||4||"Sangre Por Sangre"||Eric Laneuville||Aaron Rahsaan Thomas||October 15, 2010||9.57|
|Members of El Puño, a Puerto Rican gang, are found murdered only days after the release of its founder, Luther Devarro (Edward James Olmos), whom Mac arrested for murder several years earlier. Believing a rival gang is responsible, Mac asks Devarro for help in solving the murders, concerned that the NYPD may have a gang war on their hands.|
|145||5||"Out of the Sky"||Nathan Hope||Christopher Silber||October 22, 2010||10.25|
|Danny's former partner is involved in a jewel robbery at the home of a powerful defense attorney.|
|146||6||"Do Not Pass Go"||David Jackson||Adam Targum||October 29, 2010||10.44|
|When a badly decomposed body is found in an abandoned car on a rooftop, Mac and his team must go up against a killer who is using the parents of his victim to manipulate crime scenes.|
|147||7||"Hide Sight"||Alex Zakrzewski||Bill Haynes||November 5, 2010||10.58|
|When a rooftop sniper with exploding bullets starts killing, Mac's duty to protect and serve conflicts with his superior's orders concerning civilians' right-to-know. Mac has a history with the main suspect. Sid is injured during an autopsy.|
|148||8||"Scared Stiff"||Marshall Adams||Kim Clements||November 12, 2010||10.02|
|A park runner tries to escape from her killer. When her body is discovered an autopsy reveals that she had literally been scared to death. Soon afterward, a second victim who could be connected to the case is discovered, who turns out to be Chief Carver's missing sister.|
|149||9||"Justified"||Jeff T. Thomas||John Dove||November 19, 2010||10.18|
|Mac continues to investigate Chief Carver's sister's death, which leads him to suspect the chief himself.|
|150||10||"Shop Till You Drop"||Skipp Sudduth||Aaron Rahsaan Thomas||December 3, 2010||10.13|
|A department store manager is found dead inside his store's holiday window display. Several employees had motive.|
|151||11||"To What End?"||Eric Laneuville||Pam Veasey & Zachary Reiter||January 7, 2011||9.45|
|A man dressed in a full clown costume shoots a bakery owner. The case connects to an old one of Flack's. Jo's ex-husband shows up.|
|152||12||"Holding Cell"||Scott White||Bill Haynes||January 14, 2011||9.56|
|A Spanish club promoter is killed and Mac battles with a detective from Barcelona to solve the case.|
|153||13||"Party Down"||Skip Sudduth||Adam Targum||February 4, 2011||9.32|
|When a tractor-trailer is found at the bottom of the Hudson River carrying exclusive party guests, Mac and his team must solve the mystery.|
|154||14||"Smooth Criminal"||Scott White||Aaron Rahsaan Thomas||February 11, 2011||9.71|
|When a charming and suave hitman (Ne-Yo) goes loose in the city, a hidden conspiracy involving counterfeit prescription drugs is uncovered.|
|155||15||"Vigilante"||Frederick E.O. Toye||Christopher Silber||February 18, 2011||10.65|
|When a serial rapist is found murdered in the same manner as his victims, the CSIs weigh a feeling of justice against their sense of duty to pursue the killer.|
|156||16||"The Untouchable"||Vikki Williams||Kim Clements||February 25, 2011||10.89|
|The CSIs investigate the murder of a conspiracy-obsessed woman whose ramblings seem to contain some truth.|
|157||17||"Do or Die"||Matt Earl Beesley||Matthew Levine||March 11, 2011||10.60|
|The CSIs dive into a highly competitive world to catch a killer who murdered a popular girl in a Manhattan private school. However, the school is worse than they think it is.|
|158||18||"Identity Crisis"||Mike Vejar, Jr.||Pam Veasey||April 1, 2011||10.36|
|When her adopted daughter becomes the key witness in a murder investigation, Jo faces a conflict between her personal and professional lives.|
|159||19||"Food for Thought"||Oz Scott||Trey Callaway||April 8, 2011||9.75|
|Mac and his team investigate a murder at a SoHo food festival where Hawkes and his girlfriend are two of many witnesses.|
|160||20||"Nothing for Something"||Eric Laneuville||John Dove||April 29, 2011||9.19|
|During a murder investigation the team stumbles on a missing person case. An ex-convict seems to be stalking Mac and it ties to his old partner (Peter Fonda).|
|161||21||"Life Sentence"||Jeffrey Hunt||Christopher Silber & Adam Targum||May 6, 2011||9.53|
|The crime lab is attacked. Danny and Mac are investigated by Internal Affairs after killing a suspect. Mac's old partner and the ex-con reveal what happened years earlier.|
|162||22||"Exit Strategy"||Allison Liddi-Brown||Zachary Reiter & Bill Haynes||May 13, 2011||10.44|
|After a near-death experience Mac returns to his final unsolved case, a bodega robbery in 2002 that he and Aiden Burn worked on. New evidence suggests a young girl was kidnapped during the crime, so Mac and the team launch a country-wide manhunt to find her. She is reunited with her mother, and Mac tells Jo he believes he has done his share of good.|
- "CSI: New York – Complete Season 7 (DVD)". Amazon.com. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- McKay, Mary-Jane (July 13, 2010). "Sela Ward To Replace Melina Kanakaredes on CSI: NY?". CBS News. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- "CSI: NY DVD Release Dates". TV Shows on DVD.com. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 27, 2010). "Friday Finals: Supernatural Up; Dateline Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 5, 2010). "Friday Finals: No Changes With 18–49 Ratings for Originals". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (October 11, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: Dateline, Outlaw, Good Guys, Supernatural Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 18, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: Medium Adjusted Down, Smallville, Supernatural Hold Preliminary Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (October 25, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: Smallville Adjusted Up; CSI:NY, Dateline Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 1, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: The Great Pumpkin Rises". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 8, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: What Would You Do?, 20/20, Blue Bloods Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 15, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: 20/20 Down a Tenth; Smallville Still Rocked w/Teri Hatcher". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (November 22, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: CSI: NY Adjusted Down; School Pride Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (December 6, 2010). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustments For Smallville, Supernatural, Or Any Other Shows". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 8, 2011). "TV Ratings Friday: Cotton Bowl Puts Fox On Top, Medium Steady, CSI:NY Slips". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 18, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: Human Target Adjusted Up & Down, Supernanny, Minute To Win It Just Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 7, 2011). "Friday Finals: No Adjustments for Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville or Any Other Show's 18–49 Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 14, 2011). "Friday Finals: CSI:NY Adjusted Up; No Adjustment For Fringe, Smallville, Supernatural". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 14, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: Blue Bloods Falls; No Adjustments for Fringe, Smallville and Supernatural". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 28, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: CSI:NY Adjusted Up; No Adjustments For Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 28, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 14, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: Defenders, CSI:NY, Blue Bloods, Supernanny Adjusted Down; No Adjustment For Fringe". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (April 4, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: CSI: NY, Shark Tank, Who Do You Think You Are? Adjusted Up; Fringe Repeat Down; Chaos Stays Low". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (April 11, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: CSI:NY, Blue Bloods Adjusted Up; Smallville, Supernatural Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (May 2, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: Friday Night Lights, Wedding Shows Adjusted Up; No Adjustments For Fringe, Smallville, Supernatural". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (May 9, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: Supernatural, CSI:NY Adjusted Up, No Adjustments To Fringe". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 9, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (May 18, 2011). "Friday Final Ratings: CSI:NY, Blue Bloods, Friday Night Lights, and Kitchen Nightmares Adjusted Up, No Adjustments To Smallville". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: CSI: NY|
- CSI: NY at CBS
- CSI: NY Season 7 Episode List at the Internet Movie Database
- CSI: NY at TV.com
- CSI: NY at Yahoo! TV
- CSI: NY Season 7 Episode Guide at CSI Files
- CSI: New York on CBS at The Futon Critic