|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Supply chain management|
|Headquarters||Memphis, TN, USA|
|Number of locations||Atlanta, Chennai, Limerick, Singapore|
|Key people||J. Kenneth Hazen
President & CEO
|Products||Transportation management system
Freight payment service
CTSI-Global, formally Continental Traffic Service, Inc. and previously CTSI, is an international corporation that provides supply chain management solutions for all aspects of the supply chain: physical, informational, and financial.
CTSI-Global has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1981. J. Kenneth Hazen acquired the company in 1982. Since that time, CTSI-Global has developed from a manual freight bill audit and payment operation into a global supply chain technology and services company.
CTSI-Global supports over 7,000 carriers and clients from many industries, including Fortune 500 companies and 3PLs. The company processes over 250 million transactions and over $5 billion in freight annually. The company offers hundreds of terabytes of online data storage, equivalent to 500 million shipments. CTSI-Global boasts that it can save its clients 10-30% of their transportation costs.
CTSI-Global has released two books written by J. Kenneth Hazen and Clifford F. Lynch for an audience of professionals and students:
- The Role of Transportation in the Supply Chain is a hardcover textbook written for industry professionals and university courses. It is available for purchase directly from CTSI-Global or through CSCMP or Amazon.com.
- The Role of Freight Bill Payment and Transportation Management Information in the Supply Chain Industry is a concise guidebook about freight payment and business intelligence. The company offers print copies and e-books free to industry professionals.
In 1997, CSTI-Global (via Continental Traffic Publishing Company) published the textbook Transportation and Logistics Basics: A handbook for Transportation and Logistics Professionals and Students, written by R. Neil Southern, Ph.D. of the University of Memphis.
- Audit and analysis
- Contract management
- Cost allocation
- Data capture
- Exception management
- Freight payment processing
- Carrier report card
- Graph and map
- Online reporting
Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Carrier selection
- Claims management
- Event management
- Load optimization
- Order management
- Shipment execution
- Tender and ship
- Top 100 Logistics IT Provider. Inbound Logistics, multiple years
- Top 100 3PL Provider. Inbound Logistics, multiple years
- World's Greatest Logistics IT. How2Media, 2013
- Social Madness national competition. American City Business Journals: Memphis medium business winner, 2012
- Company of the Year. Memphis Business Journal: large business award, 2006; small business award, 1985
- Blue Chip Enterprise. Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Co., Nation's Business magazine and U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 1990
- Inc. 500. Inc., 1988
- "BBB Review of Continental Traffic Service in Memphis, TN". Better Business Bureau in West Tennessee, North Mississippi & East Arkansas. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "About CTSI". CTSI-Global. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "CTSI". Inbound Logistics. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- Inbound Logistics Planner 2010. "CTSI: Your Link to Supply Chain Solutions". Thomas Publishing Company.
- "Books from the Best in the Industry!". CTSI-Global. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "The Role of Freight Bill Payment and Transportation Management Information in the Supply Chain Industry". Internet Archive. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Top 100 Logistics IT Providers". Inbound Logistics. 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Top 100 3PL Providers". Inbound Logistics. July 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "How2Media announces that CTSI-Global will be part of its "World's Greatest!..." series". 2013-01-07. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Meet your Memphis Social Madness winners". Memphis Business Journal. 2012-07-18. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "CTSI Wins Memphis Business of the Year Recognition for the 2nd Time". CTSI-Global. 2006-06-27. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "No. 420: Continental Traffic Service". Inc. Retrieved 2009-04-24.