|Traded as||FWB: WOSB|
|Industry||Registered Agent, Corporate Governance, Corporate Compliance, Litigation Solutions, Trademark Research|
|Founded||New Jersey (1892)|
|Headquarters||111 Eighth Avenue
New York City, New York, USA
|Website||CT Legal Solutions|
CT, or the Corporation Trust Company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wolters Kluwer, a multi-national information services company based in the Netherlands with operations in over 35 countries. CT is the umbrella brand for two businesses: CT Corporation and CT Lien Solutions. CT Corporation is the largest registered agent service firm in the world representing hundreds of thousands of business entities worldwide. It provides software and services that legal professionals use.
The company now known as CT Corporation has been in the registered agent business since its founding in New Jersey in 1892 with only 44 employees. The original charter of the company was handwritten and stated that its purpose was "to carry on a general agency business, especially the acting as agent of and trustee for corporations".
In 1895, what was then the Corporation Trust Company began assisting lawyers with the details of incorporating and qualifying corporations in all states and territories. They opened their first office in New York in 1899. In 1955, they exceeded 75,000 units of statutory representation (including domestic and foreign units).
- In 1995 CT Corporation and Commerce Clearing House (CCH) were acquired by Wolters Kluwer, a multi-national information services company based in the Netherlands with operations in 26 countries. CT becomes a sister company of CCH within the Wolters Kluwer organization.
- In 2002 CT acquired Business Filings, Inc., an online incorporation firm based in Madison, Wisconsin. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. The company is now known as BizFilings.
- CT announces its reorganization in 2006 into four business units: Compliance & Governance, UCC Solutions, Litigation Solutions, and Trademark Solutions. CT now includes CT Corporation, CT Lien Solutions, CT Summation, CT TyMetrix and CT Corsearch.
- In 2006, after being acquired by Wolters Kluwer in 2004, Summation Legal Technologies becomes CT Summation joining CT TyMetrix in CT Corporation's Litigation Solutions group.
- CT has more than 800 employees in 46 cities nationwide. CT Corporation is the largest registered agent service company in the world.
- As of January, 2007, CT Corporation represented 227,459 business entities in Delaware and over 16,663 active entities in Nevada.
- CT Corporation's registered-agent service in Delaware is at the Corporation Trust Center at 1209 North Orange Street which is famous for being the home of thousands of companies due to Delaware's incorporation laws.
- "About Us". CT Corporation. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Registered agent market share". NWRA. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- Hamilton, Robert W. (1994). Cases and Materials on Corporations, Including Partnerships and Limited Partnerships. West Pub. Co. p. 208. ISBN 0-314-03909-0.
- "Arbeiten zum Wohl des Staates zusammen: Die Gouverneurin und der Firmenjäger". Die Welt (in German). 2005-04-10. Retrieved 2008-04-21.