From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up C or c in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
C is the third letter in the Latin alphabet.
C may also refer to:
- C (programming language), developed at Bell Labs in 1972
- C++, an object oriented programming language based on C
- Objective-C, an object oriented programming language based on C, while available on various platforms, used mainly on Mac OS X and iOS.
- C# (programming language), developed at Microsoft in 2001
- C, a Hexadecimal digit
- Control-C, a keyboard control code
- C, a computable function, the set of all computable decision problems.
C:, or "Drive C", the default drive letter assignment for the default hard drive in MS-DOS, PC DOS, and Microsoft Windows.
- C battery (size)
- C battery (type), grid bias battery for vacuum tube radios
- A battery charger rate or discharge rate equal to the capacity of a battery divided by 1 hour. For example C for a 1600 mAh battery would be 1600 mA (or 1.6 amps). 2C is twice this rate and 1/2C is half the rate.
- C-clamp, a type of fastener
- C band, radio frequency band from 4 GHz to 6 GHz
- C, the standard abbreviation for an electronic capacitor, used e.g. in circuit diagrams
- Vitamin C
- Haplogroup C (mtDNA), a human mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroup
- Haplogroup C-M130 (Y-DNA), a Y-chromosomal DNA (Y-DNA) haplogroup once called simply C
- ATC code C Cardiovascular system, a section of the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System
- C1 to C7, symbols for cervical vertebrae
- C, chemical symbol for the element carbon
- C, chemical formula for atomic carbon
- C, a prefix for astronomical objects listed in the Caldwell catalogue
- c, the speed of light in a vacuum
- c, the speed of sound
- c, the specific heat capacity of a substance
- c, any constant (mathematics)
- Cytosine, nucleic acid
- C, capacitance
- C, symbol of coulomb
- Line C (disambiguation) used in several public transport systems
- NZR C class (1873) train
- NZR C class (1930) train
- C, or 0-6-0 classification, a type of locomotive with three powered axles
- C, a digit meaning twelve in hexadecimal and other positional numeral systems with a radix of 13 or greater
- C, the constant of integration
- Ⅽ, in Roman numerals, the symbol for 100
- ℂ or , the set of all complex numbers
- ℭ or , the cardinality of the continuum
- C, the set of continuous functions
- In probability theory, the combination or "choose" function, uses the notations
, , , , or .
- c space, the space of all convergent sequences in functional analysis
- c., or circa, an approximate date or other value
- °C, degrees Celsius
- C, for carat (purity)
- c, centi-, an SI prefix
- C, coulomb, the SI derived unit for electric charge
- c, cup (unit), a unit of volume
- C (musical note), and keys based on it:
- , symbol used to designate common time
- , symbol used to designate cut time
- Low C (song), a 2005 song by Supergrass
- "C" is a chanson by Francis Poulenc, one of Deux Poèmes de Louis Aragon.
- C Album Kinki Kids
- C, a 1924 novel by Maurice Baring
- C, a novel by Tom McCarthy shortlisted for the 2010 Man Booker Prize
- Middle C (novel), a 2013 novel by William H. Gass
- C California Style Magazine, magazine on California style, culture, etc.
- C-lehti, Finnish computer magazine
- C Magazine, published by Cardinal Courier Media in New York
- C, alias for Mansfield Smith-Cumming (1859–1923), Chief of the SIS, the UK Secret Intelligence Service, also known as MI6
- His successors as Chief of the SIS have since been generally known by his alias, C.
- C., Roman abbreviation for Gaius
- Captain (ice hockey), the player who wears a "C" on his jersey
- Catcher, in baseball
- Several sports have "C" as an abbreviation for center
- C (plastic toy), a plastic toy from former Czechoslovakia
- C (grade), a satisfactory grade in education
- Citigroup, Inc. Stock Symbol for Citigroup
- C, the NYSE ticker for Grupo Financiero Banamex
- [c], International Phonetic Alphabet symbol for the voiceless palatal stop
- [C] (anime), by Tatsunoko Production, Fuji TV
- Class C (disambiguation)
- C class (disambiguation)
- Sea (disambiguation)
- See (disambiguation)
- Cee (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.