||It has been suggested that this article be merged into caBIG. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2013.|
|Developer(s)||NCI's Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT), The Ohio State University Research Foundation, The University of Chicago - Argonne National Laboratory, SemanticBits LLC, Ekagra Software Technologies|
|Type||Grid computing, Web service|
caBIG is a voluntary virtual informatics infrastructure that connects data, research tools, scientists, and organizations.
The caGrid Portal was a Web-based application built on Liferay that enables users to discover and interact with the services that are available on the caGrid infrastructure. Portal serves as the primary visualization tool for the caGrid middleware. It also served as a caBIG information source. Through the caGrid Portal, users had access to information about caBIG participants, caGrid points of contact (POCs), and caGrid-related news and events.
caGrid workflow uses:
- Active BPEL
- Ohio State University
- University of Chicago, Argonne National Laboratory
- SemanticBits, LLC
- Ekagra Software Technologies
In March 2011, the NCI published an extensive review of CaBIG, the NCI CBIIT program that funded the caGrid software development (see , ), which included a long list of problems with the program, and recommended that most of the software development projects should be discontinued.
- "caGrid 1.0: An Enterprise Grid Infrastructure for Biomedical Research".
- "Enabling the Provisioning and Management of a Federated Grid Trust Fabric".
- "Introduce: An Open Source Toolkit for Rapid Development of Strongly Typed Grid Services".
- "caGrid: design and implementation of the core architecture of the cancer biomedical informatics grid".
- "Combining the Power of Taverna and caGrid: Scientific Workflows that Enable Web-Scale Collaboration".