A road in town's centre
Cabaiguán municipality (red) within
Sancti Spíritus Province (yellow) and Cuba
|• Total||597 km2 (231 sq mi)|
|Elevation||135 m (443 ft)|
|• Density||112.6/km2 (292/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
It was founded in 1894, and established as a municipality in 1926. The municipality is divided into the consejos populares (i.e. "popular councils") of Cabaiguán and the villages of Neiva, Pedro Barba, Guayos and Santa Lucía.
Cabaiguán is better known for its cigars; a well-known brand is Bausá.
- Guije.com. "Cabaiguán". Retrieved 2007-10-07. (Spanish)
- Statoids (July 2003). "Municipios of Cuba". Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- Atenas.cu (2004). "2004 Population trends, by Province and Municipality". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-10-07. (Spanish)
- Data referred to the main town, whole municipality counts 67,224 inhabitants
- (Spanish) Economic development of Cabaiguán
Media related to Cabaiguán at Wikimedia Commons